chapter 1

I'm about to tell you a story you already know, but within it is one that you have never heard before.

Friday 17th July 2015
I never thought I would be here, in the changing rooms getting ready for my basketball national final, my team had made it to the national finals and being both captain and the only girl on the team was a very big achievement in itself. I have traveled from my home in NYC all over the USA to play teams for this.

Although there is one downside, since i'm the only girl I have to change away from my whole team. We are playing in Madison Square Garden which was a dream of mine since i was 7 (around 7 years ago)

The whole school had come to watch the final as well as the whole of the other teams school, i bet your thinking "wow as captain and the only girl you must have to many friends and supporters".

Well I mean your not 100% wrong, Yes my whole school supports me and cheers me on and wants to be my friend but I say no, i'm happy with my friends.

My twin brother peter,Miles,MJ and Ned.

I grab my jersey which has "parker" and number 22 on the back before putting it on as i shake my hands before walking to the tunnel I will walk out.

My whole team is currently out stood on the court and both team captains have to have a solo run out.

I hear the crowd half cheer when their captain Oliver runs out, god did I hate that boy. He is so cocky and thinks he is better than..well everyone apparently. He goes to my old school so I used to play beside him.

Being the only girl on the court was going to be very nerve-racking but I wasn't going to let anything stop me.

My head shoots up when I hear the commentators "and last but not least, I introduce you all to the first ever female high school student to play in a final never-mind to carry the title of Captain for her team. Y/N PARKER!!!".

I jump before running out, the crowd roaring as I look around, smiling as I see Peter and my friends. Everyone chants my name as I smile and stand in line with my team.

I look into the crowd and I lock eyes with someone, No other than Kate fricking Bishop, like THE NEW HAWKEYE. wow, i mean i feel honoured, did she come to watch me play..no probably my team considering she was from my school. Kate had been working with Clint juts after the battle of New York when she was really young and she's always been in my school, i've always wanted to get to know her.

The game starts and we take the lead in the first ten minutes, every point scored edging our lead more and more. After five more minutes, my team is leading by 50 points which were mostly scored by me.

Onto the second half, the other team has a comeback game on, with 5 minutes left the score is 99-99 , while I take a run you won't guess who chances me. Bloody Oliver, he smirks and decides to waste time and stupidly give my team an advantage.

He pushes me straight over, off the court and nearly hitting people on the front row, I stand up with the help of my teammates, I shake my head at him because he just made a big mistake, he gave us a free throw.

My team decides to give me to take the free throw, I stand on the line, looking into the crowd to see peter as he nods at me, I take a deep breath before shooting the ball.

I feel like my life goes in slow motion as I watch the ball fall perfectly through the net, as soon as it hits the floor the timer hits 00:00 and the score is 99-100.

My jaw drops but before I get to celebrate my team all runs to me, picking me up and holding me up on their shoulders as the crowd chants my name.

After the game and everyone leaving after celebrating I go to the changing rooms, I sit on the bench and hold my medal and trophy, Peter had left as he had a date with MJ and Ned and Miles went to go have a meal with Neds family.

Which left me alone...or I thought it did.

—————————————————————
hey guys! this is my first story i've been committed to carrying on with, if you like it feel free to leave a comment and i'll read them all, even if nobody reads this I still
enjoy writing so I won't stop.

My hand is currently in a cast so I may miss a few days because it's difficult to type.

Take care of yourself and stay safe
-R.H 💜