Chapter 1 ★ Meet the Team!

You finally wake up. You had blacked out after your pod crashed landed onto the planet's freezing cold surface, and eventually rebooted your system back up.

Looking around, you sigh as you stare at the remnants of scrap metal which used to be your landing pod.

"Not like they told me how to land it safely anyway.." You say.

You pull out your sharp, silver wings and fly into the air to scour the surroundings for the disassembly drones' pod. You float in the air for a short while before noticing a glinting, yet burnt pod behind a tall pile of junk and dead worker parts.

"There it is." You glide down softly to the landing pod.

Your body lands down onto the roof on the pod, making a thud sound. You put your wings back, and slide down onto the snow below.

Raising your hand, you bang loudly onto the closed door to see if anyone's there.

But there's no answer.

"Must be out hunting or something." You say to yourself quietly.

You decide you're not going to stay outside in the freezing cold, even though your body can't feel temperature anyway.

You slam your weight into the door, and it opens. Walking inside the pod, you look around.

There's a broken mirror, control panel, and 2 chairs positioned at the front of some smashed screens. The panel is out of order, indefinitely, and even smouldering a little. When you were outside, you did notice that the pod was positioned at an angle on the ground, and appeared very broken and bashed in. "Obviously they didn't teach these guys how to land either." You thought.

You look at the chairs again, and notice one that was closer to the control panel, and the other was close to some.. chains fixed to the floor?? Welp. You sit in the chair near the chains nonetheless.

Your system had gone into sleep mode for a while, but you were startled awake by the sudden sound of thudding outside. "Oh, they're back, finally." You say softly to yourself.

The door opens with a whoosh, and the sound of whistling wind outside, and you are greeted by two disassembly drones stepping into the pod.

You stare and blink for a minute, until the robot with the cap and jacket notices you, and runs up to you with a big grin on his face.

"Oh!! Hello!!" The drone said, with an obviously excited tone in his voice. "Are you the new disassembly drone that came to replace J?"

"Uhm, I guess so." You say.

"Ah, that's good to hear! Ahem." He readjusts his voice. "I'm Serial Designation N! Call me N for short." He did a small salute, and smiled politely. "Oh, and uhhh.."

N walked over and tapped the shoulder of the other robot, whom you had noticed earlier in the corner of your eye, and seemed to have no interest whatsoever, adjusting her hair and collar in the cracked mirror. "V..? We have a new team memberrr.." He said, a little impatiently.

She sighed, and N ended up having to practically drag her over to where you were at.

"Well.. Th-" N tried to introduce you, but he was interrupted by the robot immediately talking over him.

"Serial Designation V." She stared down at you from where you were sat. "Call me V. Oh, and also, that's my chair you're sat in." She raised an eyebrow, not breaking eye contact with you even once.

"Oh, god, I'm sorry. I happened to notice there was only two chairs, so I just sat in a random one.." You got up and stood to the side, a little embarrassed, and a small blush appeared on your LED display. "V's quite intimidating, huh.." You thought to yourself.

She noticed that you were apologetic, and you saw her look away from you for a second, before adding, "It's alright.. I mean.. You can sit there if you ask next time.." V sat down in her chair, and slouched back a little, twirling around a piece of her hair.

"Oh.. okay.." You said, a little surprised she suddenly changed demeanour.

"It's all good!! They can sit in my chair!" N grinned. "Oh, also, what's your name??"

"Ah." You said. "It's Serial Designation (YFI). Just (YFI) for short. And thankyou."

"Cool!" N said. "No problem." He got up and sat cross-legged on the steel floor, humming a little.

You walked over and sat down on the chair. You didn't really know what to say next, so you sat there, gazing around at the pod. You couldn't help but notice that V kept stealing glances in your direction every now and then.

"Well!" You were suddenly startled by N clapping his hands together. "Oh, sorry for scaring you, (YFI). I just realised that we aren't doing anything whatsoever, so I'm going into sleep mode for now." He pulled out his wings, and flipped upside down, grabbing onto the roof with a magnetic force in his feet. "Good night all!" He crossed his arms, and his display went black.

"Hah." V laughed a little. "The silence fools him every time." You look in her direction. "It's good that that scrap-for-brains idiot has finally entered sleep mode."

"Why..?" You ask quizzically.

"Well, because it means you and I can go on a hunt without his good-for-nothing self messing stuff up. I haven't had a chance like that since J got killed." She replied.

"Oh." You think for a minute. "May I ask, how did J even get killed?"

"Well, you see.. The mission is quite complicated in this division. The idiot forgot to mention the situation with a worker drone." V sighed. "There's a worker named Uzi. She's the daughter of the worker robot that created the doors for the base that we can't get past. But the thing is, she's a friend of N."

"A worker is a friend with a disassembly drone..?" You can hardly believe it, to be honest.

"Yep. She convinced him to work together to escape the planet and kill the humans that trapped us here and started this whole ordeal. So, yeah. We can't kill her. J had a different agenda, and continued to terminate the workers on a mass scale, so she got killed. And you know that we need to drink the worker's oil to survive, so I don't know what the hell that stupid robot was even thinking." She thought for a moment before speaking again. 

"So that's why I wait for him to enter sleep mode. I can't hunt if he's around. Also, so you don't kill Uzi on-sight, she has purple hair, a beanie, and a black hoodie." V said, finishing her speech.

"Well, thanks for telling me." You say.

"It's no problem. N's supposed to be leader, but scrap-for-brains can't do anything himself, so I have to do it." 

You both walk outside to begin the hunt.