1.23

*:・゚✧*:・

~ Rafe's POV ~

I step out of the truck and load the gun in my hand, walking up behind the plane. I look under and see my dad on his knees, and Sheriff Peterkin pointing a gun right at him. I have to do something. I have to save him.

Right as I round the corner, aiming my gun at the sheriff, I hear someone calling my name. No. No, no. This can't be happening. She can't be here. I try and stay focussed, but I watch as suddenly my dad, Sarah and John B, and the sheriff look up and see me.

"Don't move! Don't fucking move!" I shout, resisting the urge to look over my shoulder as I hear Snowy calling to me.

"Put your gun down!" I yell at Peterkin, and she turns slightly to look at me, her eyes flicking back and forth between my father and I.

"Rafe." She says, shaking her head at me slightly. Without thinking, I look back and see Snowy stepping onto the tarmac, running right towards me.

"Snowy, you can't be here!" I shout, and before I'm even done yelling the gun is knocked out of my hand and kicked away, and now the sheriffs gun is aimed right at me. I'm staring right down the barrel as I freeze- completely disconnecting from the world around me with the tears that well up in my eyes.

I feel a body crash into mine and I catch her, steadying her as best I can without falling myself, holding one hand up towards Sheriff Peterkin to keep her from shooting.

"Wait! Sheriff Peterkin wait!" It's Snowy, standing right in front of me now. "He's okay- everything is okay." She exclaims, breathing heavily. I can tell she's talking more to herself than anyone else.

"Juliette, take a step back." The sheriff replies, her gun pointed firmly at me without wavering.

"Rafe- Rafe, you have to go with her. Just put your hands up. Please." Snowy pleads with me and I look down at her, seeing her crying as well. My heart jumps in my chest as I try to draw my eyes away and back up to the gun pointed right at my head.

Before I can say anything I hear a shot fire, and flinch as Snowy screams and grabs onto me tightly. "Rafe, no!" She cries out, looking up at me again, a brief flash of confusion crossing her normally soft features as she sees that I'm fine. We both look up to where the sheriff was standing, watching as blood starts to soak her uniform, and she collapses.

My dad is standing behind her, gun in hand.

Quickly, Snowy isn't in my arms anymore- she's at the sheriffs side. I watch Sarah and John B run over as well as I still hear the shot ringing in my ears.

The three teens are leaning over the injured police officer, and my dad quickly grabs me. "Rafe, Rafe- get Sarah and go home. Now!" He demands.

He turns and points the gun between Snowy and John B, as I rush over and grab Sarah, pulling her away.

"I'm calling for help, honey! I'm calling them right now!" Our dad yells at Sarah as she thrashes in my arms, holding up the radio so she can see.

"No! John B!" She screams as I drag her back, trying to get her to the truck parked on the grass not far from here.

"Sarah- we have to go. We have to go." I tell her, wrapping my arms around her to try and carry her.

"No! Rafe- Rafe he's going to kill them! He's going to kill them we have to do something!" I freeze up a little- she's right. I look back and see Snowy standing up slowly from where she was kneeling, raising her blood covered hands as she watches my dad point a gun at her.

"Snowy!" I shout over to her, and she turns to look at me. "Run!" She doesn't respond, but looks back down at the woman lying on the ground.

"Get out of here!" I scream, feeling a tear fall from my eyes as I wrestle with my sister to get her to come with me. I so desperately need Snowy to escape. I can't lose her. I can't let my dad kill her just because she saw something she shouldn't have. If I just get the chance to talk to her she'll understand- we had no choice.

I watch as John B grabs her arm and pulls her back, running past his car and taking off the way she came. I'm thankful that at least he would listen. My dad storms after them, holding up the gun and shooting in their direction as they run away. "Dad!" I yell, shoving Sarah into the door and slamming it. "Dad- let her go!" I plead with him and he sighs angrily, stomping back over to where the sheriff is laying on the ground. I get in the drivers seat and throw it into drive, speeding off as I catch a glimpse of Snowy and John B running past the fence and into the trees. She seems fine- I don't think he hit her. Thank god.

*:・゚✧*:・

A/N:
Very short I know- BUT i'm uploading this and the next chapter at the same time so it's fine :)
-R