1.25

*:・゚✧*:・

We camp out at The Wreck all day, hoping no one will find us. I was expecting a call from Rafe, which, seven hours later, never came . I'll cling to the hope that he changed his mind about John B, but I know he didn't.

I'm trying to sleep on a booth seat late at night, when there's a tapping on the glass at the window above my head.

I snap my eyes open and look up, seeing Rafe leaning against the glass and I sigh a breath of relief. I quietly get up, hoping not to wake my friends, but that plan quickly fails when I realize JJ is sleeping right at my feet. I step on his hand and he quickly wakes up. "Fuck! Oh, god, Snowy, where are you going?" He asks, sitting up and rubbing his hand. I catch him look out the window, seeing Rafe there.

"Oh my god, why did you tell him where we are?" He asks frustratedly.

"He's here to help, okay? I'm just gonna talk to him." I explain, holding on to tables fo support myself as I limp towards the door. JJ gets up to help me.

I carefully unlock the door, seeing Rafe already waiting on the other side. I slip out and go to close it behind me, but JJ steps out with me, crossing his arms as he stares at my boyfriend.

"JJ, please, it's fine. Go back to sleep." I tell him, but he doesn't even look my way.

"Snowy- thank god.." Rafe says softly, quickly pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry I didn't call. I didn't get the chance, I had to wait until it was dark to sneak away and the whole island is hunting you guys down..."

"It's okay..." I whisper, hugging him back.

"Listen, man, if you're here to screw us over I swear to god-" JJ starts, and Rafe let's me go to confront him.

"I'm not. I'm here to help my girlfriend, since you, her 'best friends' won't take her to the damn hospital." Rafe replies.

"We're not doing this." I shake my head, interrupting before they get the chance to go at each other. "JJ, just go back inside. Please."

JJ takes off his hat and turns to walk back inside, raising his middle finger at Rafe as he steps back in.

"I'm sorry, I know you want to help.." I sigh and Rafe shakes his head, returning his attention to me now.

"It's fine. Here, sit down.." Rafe holds onto my arms and helps me settle onto the ground. "We'll talk and then I'll take you."

"Did you go to the police?" I ask as he sits next to me, and we can look out over the water. I know I'm not going to the hospital with him.

"Yeah, uh, I did." He nods. "I told them you didn't do anything- you just happened to be there, but obviously they still want to talk to you."

"I bet." I reply. "But I'm not telling them it was John B."

Rafe sighs, letting his head fall back against the wall we're leaning on. "Well we have to have our story straight or we all get in shit. And I'm not letting you go down for this."

"I won't. We have a plan." I admit.

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you. The less you know the better." I tell him truthfully.

"You can't run, you have to stay here I will protect you here. My dad agreed to let you out of this." Rafe says, clearly on to me.

I shake my head. "I can't go back to my life without John B when I know the truth. I can't just go back to working at Making Waves and running from my parents, and going to parties and just living my life like normal. I appreciate what you're trying to do but unless he is safe I can't go back."