𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷.

Spoilers below! Please make sure you have seen season 4 before reading to avoid being spoiled or don't it's your choice!

◤ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄◥

◤▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄◥

Drip.

Drip.

The sound of running water could be heard. The walls of the dark room seemingly looked as though they were closing in on each other. The room was small and dim, almost like a cage. Inside, a young child lay; he looked to be about 6, his eyes an exuberant purple, but they were slowly losing their lustre with each passing moment.

Purple eyes are quite uncommon; in fact, it appeared that this infant was the only one with this particular shade. The colour purple has a long history of being connected to royal families; it is a blatant sign of status and a way to demonstrate prestige and money, the total opposite of the rough-looking infant laying on the filthy ground.

The child appeared lost, his eyes fatigued, and his body worn out. Instead of being a cheery pink, his cheeks were pallid and colourless. Although his skin was filthy and discoloured, it did little to conceal the small child's doll-like features. The sound of the water flowing continuously had transformed into a sense of tranquilly, keeping the child awake and alert while he lay on the ground, staring into nothing. He was reminded by the sound that this was going to be his new reality.

Now, why was this child here, exactly?

This was due to the child being taken under the cloak of darkness; his voice was muffled by a piece of cloth, and his wrists were roughly tied together with a piece of rope that dug into his skin. His hands turned a bright red and quickly started to burn. Out of fear for his predicament, tears welled up in his eyes.

Why was this happening to him?

His family was extremely wealthy and powerful, so it seems unsurprising that they would have many enemies—even inside the confines of their own home. It was something that should have been expected; the enemies came with the name of the family, and they were forever linked.

The family was able to amass enormous money and immense power as a result of its prominent position in the upper class and government. Many said that the family's wealth and influence were on par with or even exceeded those of all the elite families. Neither side ever provided evidence to support or refute these assertions.

The precious child, whose needs were always catered to by his family, and was as spoilt as could be. The aristocratic, doll-like child lived in a prestigious society where a strict hierarchy was present.

The family was known for their predominant and eye-catching features; each of them had a unique set of gorgeous purple eyes, which only further added to their mystique and made them notable for their striking characteristics.