Prologue

10 years ago.

Inarizaki High.

"You have been dating Miya Atsumu for more than a year now. Why are you keeping it as a secret?" Kobayashi Ina asked her bestfriend Hirano Michiko.

"I just don't want to make it a big deal. What you see is what you get. Besides, we are fine being like this. We don't need to explain ourselves either." Michiko answered as she took another dress to fit from her bag.

"I never thought that you would be really dating him." Her friend sighed.

"Neither do I. Tsumu is nice, you just need to spend time with him." Michiko giggled that made her friend sighed loudly.

"Whatever makes you happy. How was your preparation for the pageant? Are you even eating? You tend to starve yourself each and every time you have a pageant to compete with."

"Everything's good. I have been reading a lot of current events for the question and answer portion. I think I'm gonna nail it. I eat just fine, don't you worry." She answered confidently.

"When will it be?"

"My pageant? Two days after our graduation. Imagine, your bestfriend is the reigning Ms. Inarazaki 20** and will be the next Ms. Hygo 20** in three days."

"Whatever. Let's go back—" Ina agreed and walked ahead but she turned around when she heard a loud thud. "Michiko!!"

***

At the nurse's clinic, Ina took care of her friend and cried silently.

"This is what you get from working hard! Stupid girl. Eat properly! You are thin already! You have the figure that anyone wants! You should eat!" As she continued to sob. Michiko smiled weakly and got up.

"You are awake. How are you feeling? Are you skipping meals?" The nurse asked calmly.

"I think I forgot to eat breakfast and I had green salad for lunch. I'm still dizzy but once I rest, I'll be fine for our graduation rites tomorrow. I'm really fine, Ms. Shoko." Michiko assured the nurse but Ina smacked her back. "What was that for?!"

"You made me worry, you fool! I did ask you if you had your breakfast!" Ina cried.

"I'm sorry, have you told Atsumu?"

"I forgot to tell your boyfriend. Should I call him?"

"Nope. I'm fine, it is just he will make a big deal out of it. Better to keep it from him."

The nurse sighed and gave something to Michiko. "Anyway, I'm still worried. I want to make sure everything's fine. Here, take this. Whatever it is that you're gonna see, inform me right away."

***

At the gym, Miya Atsumu was together with his teammates. After the long goodbye speech that he have prepared, the seniors bowed and thanked the whole team and coaches.

Atsumu, Osamu, Rintaro and Ginjima walked away and sighed. Surely, they will be missing all those hellish training and the enthusiasm playing in the court.

The players stayed later as they waited for Michiko and Ina. They found an empty room and decided to stay right there.

"I'll be going pro. I have received offers from different professional teams, all I need to do is to appear in the try-outs." Atsumu told to his friends his plan.