ℭASTLE

"Where in Atlantis did they go?" Aegaeon childishly pouted; his assistant swore he saw the cecaelia slam a tentacle to the ground.

 "Sir, do you really expect me to know?"

 "Yes! Aren't you their friend?"

 His helper twirled a lock of their coal colored hair around their finger, as if mulling the question over. Of course, they had an answer already—yes—but they liked when their boss was a frantic mess. "I suppose. Though, you can never be too sure, can you? After all, we've been acquainted for a measly few weeks."

 "H-hey! Don't give me that kind of answer!"

 "Then don't phrase your questions like that." They apathetically glanced at their nails. The black nail polish was coming off...they would have to get it repainted sometime soon.

 "Aghh, whatever!" Aegaeon tugged on strands of his braid, frustratingly glaring at his not-so-helpful helper. "Point is: they wandered off Cod knows where, and I don't like it!"

 "Yeah, I can tell..."

 "So! I have a mission for you, assistant!" The cecaelia haughtily said.

 "You mean an order, don't you..."

 "Same difference! Now then...would you be so kind as to grow legs and drag that...what would you call their occupation? Request filler...? I don't know. Anyways, them back down to our murky waters?"

 "And how do you even know they've left the water, and returned to the surface? What, have you been stalking them or something?" The octopus' accomplice countered.

 "It's just a gut feeling! And no, if I were stalking them, I'd know where they are right now, you boneless fool!"

 "There was no need for insults, you know." The aide said, completely ignoring the fact that they both privately and publicly insulted Aegaeon all the time "Fine." They groaned, wishing they had literally anyone else to take orders from. "I swear to God—"

 "Cod!"

 "Ugh, Cod—you're practically a child in an adult body...er...adult octopus body—"

 There was no sound of protest from Aegaeon. Instead, he simply waved a manicured hand, indicating for his subordinate to leave.

 "Go on now. Shoo, shoo. Grow some legs already—you can do the spell yourself, can you not? So hurry it up!"

 His underling sighed. Couldn't Aegaeon throw them a bone at least once?

 "I have faith in you, so bring them back in a timely manner, please. Though, with your speed, that shouldn't be a problem for you, huh, Caspian?"

 Caspian rolled his eyes.

 Sharks had a reputation of being fast swimmers, he wasn't wrong.

---

 The door opened gently, and the smiling face of the man that 'kidnapped' Adrien was the first thing you saw.

 "Oh! Are you, perhaps, Adrien's friend?"

 You gave a careful nod, warily entering the house when he extended a hand.

 "You're all he's been talking about! Naturally, I was curious."

 "...Who are you?"

 He blushed, as if embarrassed that he forgot to introduce himself. "Ah! How could I forget such common courtesy?" He cleared his throat. "I'm Aaron, the Prince of this land! It's a delight to meet you, [Y/N]!"