Taken

"Elliot!" the blond boy's dad shouted from another room, "Come're we're gonna talk to Donnie and the kids while Krane is away. We have to warn them." Elliot jogged his way to him, positioning himself under his arm in a side hug. He typed away on his computer, one handed. Once Elliot's uncle had shown up on the screen he said, "Hello? Anybody home?" He gave them a sort of awkward chuckle, dragging me closer to him for comfort.

The teen's feet were uncomfortable in his wet socks. He wished dad and Krane would just buy a warmer, and drier, evil lair. His socks were squishy and wet. It couldn't be helped. He wasn't able wear shoes inside without Krane threatening to torture his dad on his behalf. Elliot tried to forget the feeling on his feet long enough to greet his family, "Hey guys.. Long time no see..." The last time he saw them his dad was helping him save the three.. Very unlike him if he was being honest.

Leo turns to his step-dad and asks, "He hacked you again? Would it kill you to spend forty bucks on some security software?"

"Technically he used my notes." Elliot added, seeing three of his scribble-covered notebooks scattered across Douglas's clutter covered desk. It paid to be the self-proclaimed second smartest man in the world.

"Love the new lab, Donny. Ooh, tunnels!" his dad said with another awkward chuckle.

"Industrial, yet classy." Elliot agreed. He was impressed, he had always been one for tacky decor, but that lab actually looked cool.

Donald looked angry. His fists were balled up and his face was red. And no one could blame him. "Take a hint, ex-family. There's a reason why none of us accepted your buddy requests." False.

"Oh, I accepted it." Adam shared with a big smile on his face. None of the others really seemed amused. "What? Their updates are hilarious. Like listen to Douglas's 'Looking forward to a weekend of evil, winky-face.'" He winked at the end of the quote, the smile never leaving his face.

"Mine are better." The blond teen grumbled.

Adam points at the screen in excitement, "True! The one where you said, 'Just about went blind again. Life's going great.' almost killed me."

Douglas sighed. He was losing valuable time. "Listen, I don't have a lot of time. Krane will be back soon. He... went out to get his head waxed." he said.

Donald glared, trying to kill the pair through the screen. "Fascinating. You know what? It might sound like I'm hanging up." he said, his hand went lower over the button to end the call.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait! This isn't another trick! You're in danger. Krane has completely lost it!" Douglas shouted, waving his hands around in the air. He was trying to prepare them the best he could, but they just wouldn't listen! He was becoming exasperated at the thought of them not listening, causing the desperate shouts to ring through the lair.

Chase rolled his eyes, sarcasm seeping into the actions and his next words. "Oh, wow! So, the guy who keeps implanting himself with bionics is unstable? Who could have seen that coming?" he asked rhetorically. He crossed his arms like a defiant toddler, at least in Elliot's eyes. His face was contorted in scrutiny and his eyes were fixed on the screen in a glare.

"Please guys," Elliot begged, "please listen to us. We're being serious!" His light blue, almost white, gaze was steadily switching to between the other Davenports. He may have looked calm on the outside, but on the inside he was an absolute mess. He just couldn't stop worrying. What if they hadn't gotten to them in time? What if Krane was already on their doorstep, waiting for them to walk outside? What if he was inside the lair, listening in from around the corner? What if? What if?

The exasperation had turned to frustration as Douglas shouted, "I'm serious! Krane is using my technology to give himself new abilities I didn't even know were possible! He's a ticking time-bomb, and he sees you three as a threat!" His big metal bracelets clinked together as he waved his arms around wildly. He swiped at the cup of pencils on his desk, the loud clatter on the ground caused both Douglas and Elliot to flinch.