Chapter 2 - "It's coarse, rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere"

As soon as she boarded the ship the small blue droid sped over and greeted her happily beeping at her and doing a little turn in excitement. Obi-Wan looked at the two interacting, she kneeled to the droid's height smiling and talking to R2 with a big smile on her face.

He observed her clothing looking at the cloak like clothing draped around her, "You like droids?"

"Like droids is an understatement, I love them so much, I help make them for my owner." She beamed still looking at the droid with pure happiness in her eyes while the boy grunted in a disapproving tone, "Don't call him that, it makes you sound like a pet or an object."

"Well, either way, I enjoy droids' company more than most people, my brother and I are inseparable though. No droid could change that." She nodded looking away from R2 to turn and look up at the man.

"Do you have a name?"

Looking between the droid and the girl he spoke up, "Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Y/n." She said standing back up and holding out her hand. Taking the girl's hand carefully he finally got to see the girl in proper lighting realising how attractive she was without the darkness covering her features.

He knew that he shouldn't be thinking this about the girl, but he also knew that as long it was not an emotional attachment, he would be okay to continue as he was.

"I would like to ask if you know anything about shuttles or ships?" He turned towards the front of the shuttle looking at the, currently, useless display an array of buttons switches and blinking lights.

"Is that why you're all here? Is your ship not able to take off?" She tilted her head slightly following his gaze into the front of the ship where the large dashboard was displayed as she removed her cloak taking a step forward towards the man.

"We lost a piece, but I think the force brought us here with an ulterior motive." He turned, sensing her presence had approached him too aware of the distance between the two. She moved her gaze from the large dashboard to the man confused as to what he was insinuating, "What are you talking about?"

"My master took a sample from your brother and R2 took one of you and the two of you in very basic terms, are deeply connected to the force. I think we were meant to find you." Y/n was intrigued by this man in more ways than one, she had read about the Jedi and heard rumours over the years passing through and to see two in the space of a day was in a way surreal, but the looming loneliness was no longer present after finally finding someone her own age and species. She found immediate comfort from the man since they had been properly acquainted.

"And do what?" She inquired causing Obi-Wan to pause for a brief moment recalling what his master Qui-Gon Jinn had spoken to him about the child, "When I was speaking with my master, he spoke of possibly training the boy to become a Jedi knight."

"Anakin is going to freak when he hears about this. Was there any mention of..." She pointed to herself not finishing the sentence unsure of what that meant for her in the long run only for Obi-Wan to say, " He doesn't know of you yet."

"Oh, he knows of me Obi-Wan" She nervously laughed remembering the man's face she attempted to hit with a plank of metal while Obi-Wan dismissed it.

" What made you decide to become a Padawan?"

Obi-Wan took a moment to think never quite questioning why he had become a padawan to begin with "I guess I have never had a memory of not wanting to eventually become a Jedi master, and it helped that they found me as a force-sensitive child." He admitted nodding his head and putting his hands in the opposite sleeve.

"Is it as easy as everyone makes it look?" She asked wanting to understand what her brother may be getting himself into. He had never been asked so many questions about his training and his upbringing that it caused him to actually consider what he was saying. Typically, he never indulged himself in these types of conversations and in an attempt to gain more time to consider what he was going to answer he spoke one word hoping she would elaborate upon her question.