Chapter 8 - You Could Have Been Hurt.

The insect approached the undercover Jedi and Senator Amidala, discreetly making their way towards the only two lifeforms in the silent dark room.

Outside the room, there was a moment of silence before Obi-Wan and Anakin began bickering as they stood up and peacefully wandered around the luxurious living space unaware of the danger present in the room beside them.

Obi-Wan tried to explain to his Padawan about Padmé, "It has been in my experience that Senators are only focused on pleasing those who fund their campaigns... and they are more than willing to forget the niceties of democracy to get those funds."

Anakin rolled his eyes talking back to his master defending his point unwilling to back down. "Not another lecture, Master. Not on the economics of politics, besides, you're generalising. The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt."

Obi-Wan shook his head subtly from side to side whilst crossing his arms. He was aware of Anakin's stance and simply explained himself to his young padawan. "Palpatine's a politician, I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators."

Anakin shook his head, "I think he is a good man. My instincts are very positive about... "

Anakin turned and looked sharply at Obi-Wan, stunned. Sensing something not quite right. Obi-Wan turned to Anakin briefly before commenting, "I sense it, too."

In the Senator Amadalas's bedroom, R2 sounded an alarm, similar to a high-pitched whir of distress and shone a light on the bed revealing that the dangerous insect was mere inches from Padmés face.

Y/n awoke and stood up in shock, not noticing the bug on her clothed arm drop on the floor.

Their mouths were open, and wicked stinger tongues began to flick out, one barely licking her boot. Y/n reached in behind her cloak to her holster hidden at her back to grab her lightsabre focusing on the one R2 had revealed beside Padme.

Obi-Wan and Anakin burst into the room causing Y/n to recoil from taking the hidden lightsabers from their holsters and instead picked up the gun which was rather obviously placed at the side of her belt. The Kouhuns stood on their hind legs and hissed as Padmé woke up shocked.

Anakin threw himself in front of her, slicing the deadly creature in half with his lightsaber. Y/n heard the spews from the insect at her foot and calmly shot it, not flinching at the creature earning a shocked glance from the two men.

Obi-Wan spotted the droid outside the window and raced straight towards it, crashing through the blinds as he broke through the window.

"Ani get a speeder, I'm going out the same way he did."

"Wait, what?" Before he could get an answer, she had already jumped out the window latching herself onto a strange vehicle clinging to it for dear life.

Y/n closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathing only to feel as though the force were telling her to let go.

The wind gushed aggressively as the driver began to panic and speed up, which was perfect for Y/n.

She pushed herself off from the vehicle she was clinging to, force jumping only for her to land on top of a speeder only to hit her side harshly and roll off to land on top of another vehicle. 

She managed to cling on once more only to notice Obi-Wan being fought off the droid that was following the vehicle she had landed on.

'The force really must have been feeling it today' She thought thinking of the convenience of how this had played out.

Their large helmet concealed their identity with great success. Y/n reached her armour her utility belt to grab one of her two sabres. Obi-Wan was too focused on his own situation to notice Y/n's.  presence but as a precaution, she used the force to keep her hood up no matter the gusts of wind, fighting against it.