Chapter 7: Revolution

"This is nice and all, but remember, we can't stay on this island forever." Ailura pointed out. "Sure we can! Or at least... I can." Jolthead's happy face fell. "I know I belong here, but I was banished here. I can't just leave, even if I do miss Plant Island."

"That's why we have a skyship." Ailura pointed to the ship. "But- But the Council! They-" Jolthead stuttered. "Fuck the Council. We're gonna get rid of them, and you're going to help." Basilio interrupted. "We helped you, now you're gonna help us. For all of our sakes, and for the entire monster world."

The Wubbox paused, like they were considering it. "You could show off your creation, to prove what you've done. I'm sure plenty of Wubboxes would be proud of you." Basilio mentioned. That seemed to spark something in Jolthead, even with their already sparky composition. "I'll do it. For the monster world, and for the Wublins!"

"For the Wublins!" Basilio and Ailura cheered. They managed to get Tappa Tappa and their instrument back onto the ship, as well as Jolthead. "Do you think the ship will sink with all the extra weight?" Basilio worried. "Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine." Ailura said with a shrug.

Jolthead made sure the Poewk didn't wander too far and accidentally fall off the ship. Now that they were no longer frozen in stone, they had a lot of energy and skittered around the ship, claws clicking against the wood.

"Does that thing ever settle down?" Ailura snapped. "Well, it is made out of electricity." Jolthead shrugged. The Ghazt rolled her eyes and tried to stay out of the way.

They left the stormy areas of Wublin Island, spotting the warm sun. "Still can't believe you get to experience something like this everyday." Ailura gestured towards the flaming orb in the sky.

"Ethereal Island doesn't have a sun, does it?" Jolthead asked. Ailura shook her head. "That's why there's so many glowy plants, I think." She replied, snapping at Tappa Tappa when they scuttled too close to her personal space.

The monsters on Plant Island quickly made a space for them to land as soon as they saw the ship approaching, and Jolthead was able to get them onto the island safely.

"Basilio! Basilio! Don't you know the Council is after you?" A monster shouted from the already forming crowd. More questions arose from their sudden audience.

"Wasn't that Wubbox banished?"

"What kind of monster is that? Or that?"

"Where were you, Basilio?"

"Everybody quiet!" The voice of a young monster rang out, and the crowd split to let Chomp walk through. Monsters murmured as he walked by, and Basilio heard a few of them say "Chomp the Finder" as the young T-rox passed.

"You made it back!" Chomp greeted his brother with plenty of dinosaur nuzzles, and Basilio happily did the same. "I had to come back. I couldn't just leave you for good." The older monster said playfully. "But also because we're on a mission, and we'll need your help."

"Us?" Another random monster, a Clamble, spoke up. "Yes, you. Jolthead, show them Tappa Tappa." Basilio turned to the Wubbox. Jolthead picked up the tiny Poewk, who looked a little unsettled at the sight of such a large crowd.

"This is what Jolthead was banished for. They've found a way to create new life, new types of monsters from just stone, monster eggs, and electricity. We're making discoveries that could benefit the entire monster world, and yet the Council would rather shun the Creator than help the rest of us."

More murmurs arose, whispering "the Creator" over and over. It seemed that Chomp wasn't the only one to gain a new title. "What will it be? Will you help us overthrow the Council?" Basilio called out, stepping on a nearby rock to elevate himself. The crowd cheered in agreement, a resounding "yes".