CHAPTER 3O

WHEN MORNING came, Dale wasn't in the mood. Malinaw na makikita sa mukha niya na wala siya sa mood makipag-usap kaya naman ang mga nakakasalubong niya ay yumuyuko na lang sa kaniya.

He was fuming mad.

He left Candace peacefully sleeping on his bed. But he asked his mother to look after Candace.

Pumunta si Dale sa clearing, sa gitna ng kakahuyan. Nakita niyang naroon na sina Kian, Bryan at ang mga pack warriors. Nakapalibot ang mga ito sa clearing.

"Alpha." They acknowledge his presence and bowed to him.

Pumasok siya sa loob ng clearing. Nakita niya si Miles na nakaluhod doon. When she saw him, her face lit up but then she lost her smile when she saw his fuming expression.

Umupo si Dale sa upuan na naroon habang nakaharap kay Miles.

"Miles Cortes, you disrespect Luna Candace and you nearly killed her. As per the pack rule, you disobeyed the number two rule of our pack. Dahil sa 'yo muntikan ng mamatay si Luna Candace." Kian said.

"She's just a mere human!" Miles said in disgust. "She's not fit to be a Luna!"

Tumayo si Dale. He threateningly walked towards her making Miles cowered in fear.

Dale crouch down and held Miles' chin firmly. "Yes, she's just a human but nonetheless, she's kind and a nice woman. Unlike you who are selfish." Padaskol niyang binitawan ang panga ni Miles.

"She's just pretending!"

"She's not." Dale said. "And I can confirm that to you." Tumayo siya.

Tumawa si Miles. "Dale, baka nakakalimutan mo. Tao siya at isa lang lobo. Magkaiba kayong dalawa. Tandaan mo halimaw ang tingin sa atin ng mga tao kaya wala rin lang siyang pinagkaiba sa kanila!"

"You will die now but still you have no remorse of what you did to her." Malamig na saad ni Dale.

"She deserves it! Why her?! Why, Dale?!"

Ngumiti si Dale. "Because she's not you. Even without her, I won't fall for you and you will not become my mate. Never. Ever."

Mile scream in agony. "I hate you, Dale!"

"I don't care." Malamig na sabi ni Dale at pumunta sa likuran ni Miles. He suddenly snapped her neck and her dead body dropped on the ground.

"Heed my order, whoever disrespect, condemned and judge or tries to harm the Luna of Midnight Pack will be killed." Dale said with no emotion as his eyes held with fury.

"Yes, Alpha."

Tinignan ni Dale ang walang buhay na katawan ni Miles. "Bury her." Then he left the clearing and went back to the pack house.

Kian breathe a sigh of relief. Ganun din ang ginawa ni Bryan.

"Alpha is really scary when he's mad." Bryan said and blows a loud breath.

Kian sighed as he looked at Miles' dead body. "I cannot blame Alpha Dale. Our mate is very precious to us. They are the half of our soul and we need to protect them. But Miles harm Luna Candace." Aniya.

Napailing si Bryan. "Miles can only blame herself."

When Alpha Dale arrived at the pack house, his serious and fuming expression disappeared when he saw Candace with his parents at the dining area. Tahimik siyang naglakad palapit sa kasintahan at nang makalapit siya rito, niyakap niya ito mula sa likuran at hinalikan sa pisngi.

"Morning, Muffin."

"Morning." Candace smiled. "Saan ka pumunta?"

"I just went to kill someone."