Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

KANAE'S POV

They all looked at me as I sat there dumbfounded.

How did they know my name? Kanae...

But who is Kochou?

And why do I feel anger pumping in my blood?

"Who are you?" I have now found my tongue.

He just looked at me, "You have lost your memories." He assumed.

Huh?! Since when was I diagnosed with Alzheimer's or amnesia?

"Oi! Hashira!" Someone kicked my back, I winced in pain, "Don't talk to our master like that!" He said.

I suddenly felt the urge to tear up. I feel so much pain throughout my body, and I was being treated like this.

"There are a few tasks I have to assign to you." Said the man, ignoring me. "Rui, I believe they will be sending more corps at the mountain, and, a few Hashiras, or Hashira." He then eyed me, "Do your business." He said. The kid nodded at him. "You know what will happen if you fail."

"Enmu, I assign you to watch after this Hashira." He continued. The guy looked at him dreamingly and blushed,

"As you wish, my lord." He said bowing.

"I called in for this meeting because the upper moon has been doing better than you here. Upper moon three did better than all of you combined." He said, anger flashes through his mind as he eyed the people around the room.

"If you continue to fail me... You know what will happen." He said.

"We won't fail you, my lord." Said the guy who was tasked to look after me. I looked at him worriedly. Wanting to know what is happening. Wanting to understand the things that are happening.

Their lord then disappeared out of nowhere, it gave me chills down to my spine.

Okay, I am just dreaming. You are just dreaming, Kanae.

The people or weird creatures around me slowly disappeared. Leaving me with the guy who sent me here and the guy who was supposed to look after me.

"I will give you a task." Said the guy who sent me here. "Go inside the Butterfly estate, and identify the medicine they are making. I've heard they are currently making a medicine against us, demons," He said.

"What the? Huh?!" I asked standing up. I held my stomach in pain, it felt like I was being punched by something.

"Stop acting you don't know anything, Kochou!" Said the guy.

"I am not Kochou!" I said, "And I don't know what butterfly estate you are talking about!" I said trying to remain calm.

"You just slept for four years, it's impossible that Douma erased your memories." He said, "I know it is hard to betray your sister, Flower Hashira."

"Hahhh... Betrayal... Sisters.... All seems so beautiful together." Said the other guy, that looks drunk all the time.

"Sister? Is Shinobu here?" I asked.

"Oh! So you still remember your sister."

I'm genuinely confused now, I swear. How can I forget my sister? This dream is weird but it felt so real.

"You know what will happen to you if you make contact with the insect Hashira."

"What will happen?" I asked.

The two guys smiled at me and said, "We will kill your sister." He said.

They will kill Shinobu?! Why is she here?

Is this even just a dream? If it is a dream then why am I feeling pain tickling through my system.

"You're not dreaming," Said a voice in my head. It has come back! "Follow what they said, I swear it won't put Shinobu in harm..."

"Okay, I accept your task." I said in a stuttering voice. I trust the voice in my head. I have no idea what is happening to me, but I know the person I could trust is in me.

"Beautiful," Said the drunk looking guy. "You truly are pretty, Kochou."

"You haven't forgotten how your breathing technique, I suppose?" Asked the guy.

What breathing technique?

I just nodded at him to avoid getting hurt.

"Your Katana is in good shape. If you have to swing your blade towards your friends... You have to do it." He continued. "Your sister will be in trouble if you won't." He said with authority.

"Have you forgotten to use your katana?" Asked the other guy. I gazed at it.

I mean, me and my father used to play Kendo back then. It would probably be the same, right? Also I used to do martial arts before I entered nursing school...

I just nodded again.

"Good. Now we are going."

"At night?"

"Are you an idiot? We are demons." He continued. I just stared at him with a confused look.

The guy grabbed the sleeves of my shirt and we suddenly teleported somewhere. I was dizzy with the flight. I haven't looked at my reflection, I probably look in shambles right now.

We then stopped at a quiet residence. In front, a signage says, "Butterfly Estate."

"How do you feel being at your home after years, Kochou?" Asked the guy with a smirk.

I just stared at him dumbfoundedly. I mean, I don't know what to react, this is not even my home.

I just gazed back at the mansion behind the gates. It looks like those vintage looking mansions way back in Taisho era.

"Wait, what year is it?" I asked. The demon just gazed at me dumbly, and ignored my question.

He tugged my shirt again and we flew somewhere. We are now inside a home, probably inside the house of the butterfly estate.

"You know where the medicines against demons are stored. Get it. If you're done, stomp the floor two times to summon me. I'll be waiting at the gates." He said then he suddenly disappeared.

For some reasons I felt a tingling painful sensation in my chest. It's burning with anger.

Whose feelings are these? I don't even remember the connection I have with this place but it felt like I was here...

I walked at the long hallway. The wooden floors creaked underneath my footsteps. With every step I make, my hearts thumps faster.

I was about to open the closest door me when it sprang open, a person flew towards me, he pushed me towards the wall behind me, pining me on my place with his right hand beside my head. He unsheathed his sword and placed it near my throat.

"Who are you and why are you inside the Kochou Mansion?!" This person asked. His eyes were bloodshot red and there are a lot of scars in his face.

He scanned my face then realization hit him. As if he remembered something, his katana dropped and it made an echoing sound throughout the hallway.

"K-Kanae?" He asked.

Before he can say something else, I swing my unsheathed katana at him, pushing him, I did a side kick to hit the side of his body. His movement were swift that he grabbed my right leg. I then eyed him and he met my gaze. He looks so confused. I then did a right-hand cross at his jaw. He dropped my leg and backed away a few steps.

"What the fuck?!" He exclaimed. I stomped the floor two times and suddenly the demon appeared behind me.

"Oh, hi, wind pillar." He said before grabbing my shirt, "It must've been so exciting to see your old friend again, but we gotta cut the reunion short, bye." Then we disappeared.