chapter 3

POV CHANGE: Gavin

The girls don’t know that I heard their conversation. But I did. I look over at Sage as I close this entry log. I’ll update more when I know more. The other girl is still standing in the doorway looking like she’s receiving some sort of system update, and at this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out the strange “girl” in my basement was a robot of sorts. Wish me luck with the talk! I had written these entries at separate times as probably obvious. I’ll write another update when I’m in my room alone and safe. I don’t know if I could get in trouble for writing this lol. Wish me luck internet.
Log Published: 9/12/22 2:48 pm

Log Date: 9/21/22 8:30pm

Holy sh!t. And do I have an update for you guys! And yes, I saw all the comments, because of the girl's status we still have internet and power in the basement. Some more government people came in and coated my house to make it seem as though we don't have the same amenities as everyone else.
And I know you guys are curious about what the girls’ had to say. But I am only going to summarize since I’m 1: Lazy and 2: Unable to recall everything because the talk took three hours! Three! But with everything condensed down, Sage is an undercover secret government agent and Emery was kidnapped by them when she was ten. See when Sage was just eight her parents saw her potential, she was obsessed with the creation of beings, biology, just really anything science. So, her parents entered her into an advanced science fair that only the state champion from each state science far can enter. While the fee to enter was four grand, her parents made it happen and she created a monster. Like an actually living, breathing monster. She took DNA from many animals changed its genetic code to fit what she wanted. The creature that she crated could fly, was super fluffy, had four legs, had the frame of a puppy, and was blue and purple.
And of course, she won. How could have she not won? Sage was eight and did THAT. But the judges at this fair were not just scientists, they were the agency she works with looking for new, young, bright minds. They took her monster, studied it, and then hired her out from her family. The deal was that her parents get eight grand a month and they get Sage. Sage agreed as they bribed her with toys, and her parents agreed because if they didn’t then they would have just taken her and not given the family money or visitation. That same year Sage along with other creators from the Agency was tasked with making a creature that could cause mass destruction, cannot leave a certain area and use basic things in a home to help them target people and hunt. And on October 28th, 2004 both the monsters and Emery (the other girl) was born.