Chapter 81: An Exclusive

The boys played a morning game, us afternoon. So this time, we get the band and the cheerleaders and the boys team and everyone out to support us.
And it feels good.

What doesn't feel good, is us losing this point. 24 to 22, game point third set. My first time up against a blocker ranked higher than me. She's taller than most but I still have highet on her.

We didn't practice enough trick plays. We're too predictable. I've been dancing around her all day. And their receive is always there to pick up a block.

"Let's get this point," I call out. The serve is over.

"Here," I and another hitter call out.

Aimi probably should have sent it left, I've been trailed all game, but she sends it to me and of course the block is waiting. It's a quick, no time to readjust so, I swing and it bounces off of the double block and back into our court.

"Again!"

Aimi cries out, "Z!"

The block is up, I go for a cross. It's still touched by the block, an easy receive. It's going left. I move, I jump for the block and she swings. I got her, arching over the net I know I got her. But of course she has back up. She's saved, but when the ball comes back up, it travels to the top of the net.

My feet just hit the ground when I launch back up and slam the ball down with no one in my way. Players still recovering from the last play.

"And with that quick back to back jump, Fukurōdani wins today's match going on to semi-finals!"

The crowd is cheering, but above everyone else I hear Bokuto's booming, "HEY HEY HEY!" With both fists in the air.

I try. I put a single fist in the air and gave a smaller, "Hey hey hey!" Than his.

He's in the front row with my family around him and his team behind them. Beside him, a camera and a man with a mic. Doing an interview during my match I see. Or I suppose I will see tonight. We all will.

Me probably on repeat since he'll probably come to my room and watch it 50 more times tonight.

He doesn't look at the camera, he still smiles down on me from the raised stands. Beaming really, for a moment at least. Then his face turns hard after saying something and quickly he turns towards the reporter.

"Mac, line up."

Wonder what happened. Guess I'll find out later.

We go through the post game motions and grabbed our things. I spot Bokuto at the edge if the of the gym, beyond the low fencing, that he lifted me over the moment I was close enough to touch.

He grabbed me into his arms and swung me over to his side, "Baby Bird that was so cool! Uh, I'm super proud of you right now!"

Proud of me? Yeah, I know. But the question lingers. I didn't get to see their game today so, "Semi-finalist?" I ask him.

He smiles boldly, "Semi-finalist!"

"Nice!" I cheered, putting a hand up for a hive five which he gave quickly, "Who are you up against?"

"Nekuma."

"Ooo, who am I up against?"

His smile grew more as a brow raised, he said, "Nekuma," Once more.

And all I can do is sigh, "Oh this should be fun."

He laughs, taking my bag and throwing an arm around my shoulders. "Got to fight for the victory Baby Bird." We turn and start walking out and when I see myself I start to step towards them. Bokuto grabbed my hand and holds me back for a second, "Hey, um can I talk to you later? Like alone?"