Chapter 8

Down at the cellar where the cells were located at the NIS building, Moon Ji-Hoon was sitting quietly in his chair and looked up at the small window. It was dark and the walls seemed damp. He wondered why a facility like the national security service didn't have proper rooms for their suspects. He had no idea what was going on. Before this agent Han came back into the interrogation room another man came in, a man who also wore a black suit just like agent Han. He gave him a water bottle and left the room again. Ji-Hoon was confused because he didn't say a word but he guessed that this man was just there to make sure even the suspects were treated rightfully. Yet when Ji-Hoon took the bottle he noticed that a small paper had been stuck between the bottle and the tax seal. Carefully he took it out while slightly turning away from the cameras so he wouldn't be caught with it. On the note was written what he had told agent Han about finding something where the water and sun meet the sand. He had been thinking about it the whole time but couldn't understand what it meant. But he was sure that this man wasn't just a 'caretaker' for the suspects. He was even more sure about it when the same man came to visit him down in his cell and wrapped a tie around his neck strangling him until he couldn't breathe anymore and sunk to the ground lifeless.

--------------------------------------------------

Yoo Je-Yi and Han Ji-Hyuk were next to the ambulance when Choi Wang-Sik's body was placed in a black body bag and pushed inside the back. They needed to take him to forensics for an autopsy to find out what exactly killed him. They were both utterly confused about this situation. Why would Ji-Hoon tell them about this place? How did he know he was here? The medical examiner on the site said that Wang-Sik probably died 10-12 hours ago and Ji-Hoon had been in their custody for a whole day now, there was no way for him to kill Wang-Sik and bury him here. So how did he know? Did they plan all this beforehand? But who was they? The Moon brothers? Or maybe these Baek Mo-Sa followers they didn't know a thing about.
''Yoo Je-Yi.''
''Hm, what?''
She had been lost in thought she didn't even realize that Ji-Hyuk had been talking to her.
''What are your thoughts on this?''
She sighed deeply. She had no thoughts about this. Or rather way to many too explain them all to him now.
''Honestly I don't know what's going on... What do you think?''
''Maybe the person in the white van killed Wang-Sik.''

Right. They thought it was a getaway car but maybe Wang-Sik never wanted to enter that car. Or maybe the people who worked together with him, probably Moon Il-Hoon, killed him to have one problem lesser.

''Do you think Soo-Young is still alive?''
Ji-Hyuk looked at his partner for a short moment then back over to the site where Wang-Sik had been buried a few hours ago.
''No. The possibilities for her to still being alive are very low.''

Je-Yi nodded slightly thinking the exact same thing as hard as it was. If they got rid of Wang-Sik already they would get rid of her in no time, if they not already did that. She probably was a bigger burden than Wang-Sik.

''But you don't think she's in on it, right?''
''We can only judge what we know but after hearing what Ji-Hoon said I don't think she is.''
''If he said the truth that it...''
''We should talk to him again when –''
The vibration of his phone broke off his sentence, Je-Yi saw the name of the director on the display before he answered.
''Okay. Yes I understand.''

It was a short conversation and Je-Yi was only able to hear what Ji-Hyuk said, his voices sounded a bit more surprised as usual. Normally he wouldn't stress certain words when he was walking which often made it hard for Je-Yi to really understand him.
He turned around to face her again a serious expression covering his features.
''What happened?''
''Moon Ji-Hoon.''
The break was unbearable for her. What could have happened for him to act like this. No matter the situation, if it was uncomfortable or different he would just blurt out his thoughts but this now. This was different. He was actually thinking about how he should say what he was about to say.
''Sunbae.''
''He took his life.''
''What?!''
It was a bit louder than she thought and some of the forensics were turning around to see what was going on. Fast she covered her mouth and leaned over a bit to Ji-Hyuk.
''I mean... why would he?''
''I don't know. The director wants us to return immediately.''
''I don't believe it.''
Ji-Hyuk passed her and went over to the car and she had no other choice to just follow him. She knew that back at the NIS they would get a handful.