Chapter 26

Lauren's POV:

Lauren's POV:

"Aw come on Peeta, you know damn well Katniss putting on a show for them cameras!" I yelled at my TV from the comfort of my bean bag chair and a cozy throw blanket.

For some odd reason, I decided to watch a marathon of the Hunger Games movies today. I'd gotten home around five or so, and I didn't have to leave the house again until around eleven. It's about eight now and I was now at the beginning of 'Catching Fire' as I waited for the time to come to go get my girlfriend.

I'd really missed her since she left. Her being here was more comforting than I ever thought I'd needed.

She slept in the guest room while here. Said it was to 'give me my space' even though I told her I didn't need any. Respecting her wishes anyways, I'd just come in there and sleep with her at night and tell her to come in my room during the day. There would be times though, where I just needed to be alone, out of feelings of anger and rage. I didn't want to take it out on her, and it seems she knew that, hence her staying in the guest room. She always gotta be right.

It's been about two days since I've seen Sade in person, and I couldn't take it anymore. She's been my rock throughout this entire difficult time. Making me laugh whenever I'd cry, holding me tight as I slept, and giving me space even when I was scared to ask. I love that girl to death I swear.

Beside me, in my bean bag chair, I had some of the snacks Sade had gotten me a few days ago. Eating has truly been a chore for me lately, along with many other things. It saddens me because a bitch loves her food, especially my snacks. But today, I really felt good. I hadn't cried at all and I didn't get sad or angry thinking about the passing of my mother.

My girlfriend telling me to write out everything I wanted to say, really helped. I couldn't thank her enough. Scrolling on my phone as the movie sort of became background noise for a moment, I saw her contact picture take over my screen. Smiling sheepishly, I held the phone to my ear,

"Hey beautiful..."

"Hi baby." My face furrowed with worry, hearing the uneasiness in her voice. Something's wrong. Noticing my pause, she spoke again before I could ask her about it, "Hey they let me off early. I just wanted to know if you were still coming or not?"

"Of course I am baby. I'm on my way."

"Okay."

Shaking my head with nerves, hearing her tone, I quickly rolled out of the chair. Hurrying to put my shoes and jacket on, along with some pants, I grabbed my keys and flew through the door.

I'd ask her what was wrong when I saw her. Knowing Sade, she'd try her best to muster up a convincing 'I'm fine' and you'd believe her because it was over the phone. But when it's in person, she can't hide it so well, especially not from me.

Pulling into the parking lot, I quickly texted my girlfriend letting her know I'd arrived. Not even two minutes later, I saw her exiting the restaurant doors, a coworker assisting her from a distance.