Cinq

Delilah pov

First senior Friday, or as Leighton students call it, FSF. Emory previously told me seniors had some activities and this year was cliff jumping. There is a cliff near the beach which is in between the actual Leighton town separated from the boarding school.

Today started calm. I saw Logan in physics and then again in gym class. We both didn't say a word and tried to stay as far away as possible. Lunch rolled around, and I ate with Emory in the cafeteria. My appetite has been growing, so I'm thankful about that. We haven't talked much to Cleo since that day, but it's fine. Everytime I see her in Ap lit I say hello and we talk.

I've been skating frequently and my new coach arrives next week to train me. The ICES program provides me a coach and it will be exciting to compete again; sadly, my mom and dad both won't be there. It would be better that way, I've had no progress on my triple axel and I'm starting to get frustrated.

The bruises are fading quickly. When Logan surprised me with my shirt up I froze. I didn't know what to do, but luckily he didn't suspect anything. Anyways I would have to lie about how I got that bruise. My dad always told me if I ever told a living soul about what happened behind the curtains, number one no one would believe me and over the years I started to think that was true because no one seem to care of the big bruise on my knee, or the one on my face even though he forced me to cover up. Number two the worst punishment. Once I tried telling on him to Amber's dad and when he told my dad all hell broke loose. I remember every single detail about that exact day. I remember the beatings lasted until my breath was mixed with my own blood. My body was a plain canvas and in a matter of minutes all I could see, touch, feel, eat, drink, and breathe was blood. That's the day I became unfixable.

My last period, which is AP statistics, was going pretty quickly. That's when Silas bursts my bubble thought

"Do you have a sharpener," he asks and I nod giving him my sharpener

"What are you doing for FSF," he asks as I give him the sharpener

"Probably go to the cliff and then stay there for a while before returning home," I say turning to him

"Will you stay for the party," he asks and I frown

"What party?" I say finding my attention getting drawn to Silas

"There's a bonfire party, it's the first of the year and the last until next spring," he says

"Oh okay," I say blankly

"You could come if you'd like," he says and I smile

No boy other than Logan had made time out of his way to make me feel comfortable. He is making me feel special

"Yeah, I'll maybe stay a while," I say smiling and turning my attention back to the board.

I finish my last period and as the bell rings everyone rushes out of the classroom and I find Emory since she texted me saying she wanted me to meet her.

"Hi," she says and I wave

"What's that about a party at the beach," I say walking alongside her

"Oh that's just a bonfire party I forgot to mention," she says taking out her phone

"Can we go?" I ask

"Yeah sure, but only if you let me style you," she says and I nod

"Okay, I gotta go pick something up from my dorm and I'll meet you there," I say parting my own way

I walk and find Blake, Logan's friend, nearby.

"Hello, on your way to your dorm," I ask him

"Yep, you,"