Chapter 2- Lexi

I'm tired of my relationship. That sounds so bad. Ben is handsome, sweet, but things are awkward between us. We started this relationship when we were still young. Even though I just graduated and Ben is a senior now, we started dating when I was a sophomore. I've told him maybe 5 times in our short and awkward conversations that I like white roses.

    This is also the 5th time he's gotten me a bouquet of red roses. I'm realizing how much we depended on each other that we never gave each other room to grow and get into different relationships as teenagers do.

    "Ben." I cut him off of whatever sentence he was in the middle of saying. "I..I can't do this anymore. I think it would be best if we went our separate ways." I say quickly, as if ripping off a bandaid. He looks at me in shock, then understanding. "I feel the same way." He says.

    Excuse me, WHATTT? I should be glad this is mutual but now I should've been the only one wanting to break up. Major side eye. However, I put on a sympathetic smile and continued, "I feel like we're better off as friends. Don't you?" I ask. He slowly nods his head. "Would you like me to take you home?" He offers. I smile and nod my head as well.

    We make it home and when I enter, I see a young black girl, 13 or 14, standing next to Brent who is speaking with who I'm assuming is her mother because the girl looks like a carbon copy of her. She has box braids in with bright pink braids in the back. She's wearing a sweat shirt and collar over a white pleated skirt and Air Force 1's. Cute style. The girl spots me but looks away as quickly as we made eye contact. Brent must have also seen me because he walks up to me and explains what's happening.

    "Come to the living room, I'll explain there." He says. Ben and I walk into the living room where Pierson, Dom, Jeremy, Lance, Bella, Drew, and Andrew are. We join them on the couch as Brent stands before us.

    "So, everyone, I'd like you to meet Teresa." He says as he pulls the girl next to him. "She is the first ever minor we have joining Amp World. I have signed a contract with her mother that she may be apart of this squad and participate in all of our squad activities as long as we take care of her and make sure she stays safe while her mother is away.

    We will make sure she gets all her school done as well." He explains. "So, essentially, we're her babysitters." Pierson says. "Yeah, I guess so." Brent responds. "Why did you pick a kid to join Amp?" Ben asks. "Well, she has a large YouTube channel with 15 million subscribers and is an internet sensation." Brent answers.

    "15 MILLION?!" We all collectively exclaim. "That's a lot of subscribers for someone who doesn't talk." Dom says while Pierson hits his shoulder to reprimand him. Teresa blushes, probably out of embarrassment." Well of course she's going to be shy in a room full of adults, so I want you guys to make her feel welcome." Brent says.