Chapter 4

I step into the shower a few minutes later and try to quieten my head. But memories keep playing in my head.

Portland, Oregon 1991

"Are you sure you're 23? You sure don't look 23?"

I smile at the bouncer and look him in the eyes, "I'm 23. It's real. You want to let me in."

He hands me back my ID, "you're right. My mistake. Have fun."

I walk in and the guy that was behind me comes over, "saw what you did back there. That was a pretty cool trick."

I chuckle at him as I swirl my drink, "I've got no clue what you're talking about."

He pulls my drink across the table, "I'm a witch. So what are you? Vampire? It looked like compulsion to me."

I smile at him, "smart guy. I'm Thea."

"I'm Kai."

I'm snapped back to my thoughts as the water becomes cold. I turn it off and wrap a towel around my body before walking out the door.

"Thought you might need some clothes."

I jump, tightening the towel around my chest as I look to Kai, "seriously? You scared the hell out of me!"

He smiles, "sorry, Princess. The shirt is mine. We'll have to find you some clothes tomorrow. Raid a store in town."

I nod my head, "can you please leave?"

He raises an eyebrow, "why, Princess? You can't show me anything I haven't seen before. And c'mon, I've been here for years without anybody. Can't a I just see?"

I surprise him by dropping the towel and he gulps before stepping towards me, "fuck. I didn't think you that would work."

I push him back, "you asked to look. Not to touch."

He raises an eyebrow, "ah. I see. May I touch?"

I smile at him, "well... Since you asked so nicely..." He walks towards me and I smile, "no."

He glares and uses magic, that he must've siphoned when he handed me the clothes, to pull me into him, "you know I don't like being teased, Baby."

I push him away and he smiles, "I'm offended, Princess."

I roll my eyes as I throw his Tshirt over my body and walk out of the room, "come on. Let's go to this store you were talking about. I don't know if you can control yourself with me not wearing pants."

He chuckles, "you having on pants hasn't stopped me from wanting to fuck you before. I don't know how that's gonna change anything."

I sigh, "you know what? Let's just go to bed. I'll put back on my jeans tomorrow and we'll go then."

He comes to get in the bed and I glare at him, "what do you think you're doing?"

He smiles at me, "one bedroom house? One bedroom?"

I cross my arms, "so sleep on the couch?"

He gets in beside me and smiles, kicking off his jeans to the floor, "this is my house."

I sigh, "fine. Just stay on your side of the bed."

He lays there quiet for a second, then turns his head towards me, "Thea?"

"Yes, Kai." I say as I turn to look at him.

He turns on his side and smiles, "about the boyfriend? Do you love him?"

I shake my head, "no. We hadn't been together long."

"Have you been in love since me?"

"No."

He smiles and runs his hand across my cheek, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, "I haven't stopped thinking about you since they sent me here. After trying to kill myself hundreds of times, the only thing that brought me comfort is that maybe my little heretic would come rescue me someday. I'm honestly not sure this isn't all a dream."

I smile at him, "I technically didn't come to save you. But it's not a dream."

He smiles, "it was destiny then."

I nod and he smiles before ruining the moment, "is his dick bigger than mine?"

I chuckle and push his hand away from my cheek, "wow, Kai. Way to ruin a moment."

He pulls me towards him and I use magic to shock him, "ouch! What was that for? I just wanted to know if his dick was bigger."

I turn to the side and he cuddles behind me, "please don't shock me."

He brings his lips to shoulder and I sigh, "if I say that your dick is bigger, will you go to sleep?"

"No. Cause I'll think you're being untruthful..."

I giggle, "I never thought I'd see the day. Malachi Parker is jealous. The big bad sociopath siphon is jealous."

He shakes his head, "I'm not jealous. I just feel bad for you cause I know you haven't been fucked properly since 1994."

"Oh. I've been fucked properly."

He sits up, "oh really? So there's have been men out there that know when they kiss here..." He takes the opportunity to kiss my collarbone, causing me to suck in a breath, "you do that. And when you run your fingers here." He runs his fingers over a spot on my thighs and I tense up, "you do that?"

I nod my head, "mhm."

He smiles at me, "I think you're lying, Princess."

I use my vampire strength to push him over so I'm straddling him, "you need to stop."

He smiles up at me, "why? We're the only people on Earth. Well, this Earth. Nobody can hear you if you scream my name... I missed you. I haven't had human affection in years and it just so happens that somebody who happens to be the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on, the only person in the universe that I would die for, is the person who lands in my prison world."

I sigh, "I don't know if his dick is bigger than yours because I didn't sleep with him. The last person I slept with was this sociopath that I dated in the early 90s."

He sits up, making me fall in his lap, "the last person you slept with was me?"

I smirk at him, "no. The other sociopath I dated in the 90s."

He pushes me back on the bed, "tell me you missed me, Thea..."

I smile up at him, reaching up to hold his face. I truly mean it and I didn't realize how much I did until he was standing in front of me.

"I missed you, Kai."

He smiles before his lips touch mine and as if all these years haven't passed between us. My body immediately reacts to him. For some fucking reason... I still love this man.