39 - Power

Khun Sam, who is shorter, is wrapped in Khun Nueng's arms. "What are you doing here, Khun Nueng?"
Power
"Just travelling, what a surprise. Let's sit down."
  Khun Sam looks at me and I don't understand what's going on. Then she pulls me by the hand and makes me sit down.
"Mon... This is my older sister. ML Sippakorn." "Just call me Nueng."
I raise my hand awkwardly to shake it. My God, we found Khun Sam's sister here, so far from Bangkok. Casually dressed, comfortable, with a bit of indie style and like an everyday woman, she piqued my curiosity.
"Where have you been all these years? We lost touch for so long."
  "I was traveling the world. When the money ran out, I went back to Thailand for a while to earn more money, then I'll travel again. By the way, why are you here? It's so sparse. I didn't expect to find you here."
"Just a vacation. Slow down my life. I am fed up with going abroad." "How did you get here?"

  "I drove."
  "Ah! My little girl has grown so much. She is no longer Grandma's
Barbie." Then, Khun Nueng looks at me with interest. "Is she your friend?"
Khun Sam remains silent for a moment before he responds to Khun Nueng by nodding his head.
"Yes, she's my friend."
Since we arrived here, Khun Sam has not stopped advertising what we are,
  but now with his sister, it seems that all his bravery has been absorbed by a
black hole. I really want to be upset with her, but I understand the situation at the moment.
"Why did you come with a friend? Where is the Clerk?"
"Kirk?"
"I hate his name. I asked him several times what it meant, but he always said it was to make it easier when I went abroad. You never told me the true meaning."
  Why is she curious about something as small as the meaning of his name?
"He is in Bangkok. He didn't come with us."
"Will you marry him?"
"Never."
"Did you break up with him? What did grandma say?" Khun Nueng is
  talking, but he doesn't take his eyes off me. "Is she really your
friend? Looking at her age, she appears to be much younger."

  "I am an employee in her office."
I introduce myself to her in an attempt to help Khun Sam, but Khun Nueng
is smarter than I thought.
"Sam wouldn't go on vacation with an employee. Tell me the truth, you're in a relationship, right?"
"Khun Nueng..."
  Khun Sam's older sister is excited and waves her hand carelessly.
"Please trust me. You can tell me the truth, don't forget we went to the same school. Relationship between girls is normal for me." Khun Nueng raises his eyebrows at me and lightly kicks my leg. "Tell me, you are in a relationship, right?"
"Ah..." I look at Khun Sam, she nods giving me permission. So I tell the truth. "Yea."
"Wow! My little girl has really grown up. You dare displease our grandmother. Does she know you have a girlfriend?"
  "She does not know."
"Are you going to tell her?"
"I have no reason to say. She's not doing very well..."
"She pretends. If you keep worrying about our grandmother, when will she live out her life?" The older sister runs her tongue over her front teeth as she says. "Look at me. I was forced, everything broke and I decided to leave
it all behind. Have no fear."

"Because you left us, everything got worse." Khun Sam says coldly. But
  Khun Nueng looks at her and smiles.
"Are you blaming me?"
"I just said what I saw. When you left, all the pressure fell on Khun Song." "And Khun Song committed suicide."
"So, it was my fault, huh?"
  Khun Nueng points a finger at herself and shakes her head
disapprovingly. "My little girl will say that Khun Song committed suicide because of me. Do you understand that? I was used and forced by grandma, the suicide should have been me."
"Do you ever feel guilty?"
"At first, I felt yes. But when I realized that I should stand on my own two feet, I would never go back. The weak will lose. And Khun Song was the weak one."
"Khun Song is gone."
  "So Grandma put all her attention on you, my little girl... And now, you
have a girlfriend. Wow. What is she going to say?"
"We better go." Khun Sam gets up as if she wants to end the conversation because she can't confront her own sister. "I was happy to see you here."
"Why such a hurry? Talk more with me. At least let me draw it for you." Khun Nueng grabs her wrist and looks Khun Sam from head to

toe. "Little girl, you must be very rich. She looks at her skin, her
  clothes. Even if you dress casually, you stand out."
"I will draw you. Is not expensive. Support me. I haven't had money to buy food for two days."
"Serious? Khun Nueng, haven't you eaten anything yet?"
She looks sympathetically at her older sister. But Khun Nueng is so excited, so she smiles like she wants to say something with her eyes.
  "I chose my path. I have to accept. When the time comes, you will decide
yours."
Khun Nueng looks at me and smiles, as if he wants to tell me something. What...
The vacations are over. It's time to head back to Bangkok. Since Khun Sam reunited with her sister, she's been quieter. So I try to calm her heart. I don't know how she is, but she looks bad.
"What are you thinking? You can talk to me."
  "I am worried about Khun Nueng." Khun Sam keeps looking intently at the
track as she talks to me. "And mad at her at the same time." "What are you mad about?"
"She is selfish. She left us facing a lot of difficult things here." "She must have her reasons."

"We all have our reasons. But Khun Nueng is so mean. I understand why she
left everything behind." Khun Sam sighs. "But she doesn't feel anything for
  what happened to Khun Song. Even at the funeral she didn't show up."
"I think..." I stop to think about what I should or shouldn't say. So I decide to speak. "I think you should be happy to see your sister after not seeing her for so long. How long has it been?
"Five years."
"Let go of the past and enjoy what you have now. At least Khun Nueng is
  alive and smiling all the time."
"She does not have money. I gave all the money I brought her and withdrew another 20000 baht for her."
NT: Approximately R$ 2820 at the current exchange rate.
"Seriously, you're more worried about her than mad, right?" I smile at Khun Sam who doesn't outline anything. "Did you get her phone number?"
Khun Sam widens his eyes for a moment and looks at me with tears in his eyes.
  "I do not forget."
"But I asked her for you." I laugh, look at my cell phone screen and show Khun Nueng's number. "That way, you can call her whenever you want... Watch out, Khun Sam! Focus on the road!"
She immediately focuses on the road again, because the car was pulling over to the shoulder.

  "You are so thoughtful."
  "Call her when you miss her. Khun Nueng said he would give me her
number in case she needed to borrow money from you."
"Give you the number to ask me for money?" Before, she wasn't like that." "Must be a joke. She might be reluctant to give you her number."
"Hmm."
  "This time let's go back to the real world. Argh. It's time to look for a new
job." I sigh. "I also need to make new friends. Oh, I just made friends here."
"You don't have to resign. I am the lady. I will not fire you, who would dare to fire you?"
"You shouldn't do that. You are the boss. It should strictly follow its own rules. If not, they will create rumors about you."
"Whatever, I won't let you leave." she said sullenly. "Khun Sam."
  "Nobody but me can fire you."
But... did she forget about the other boss?
When I go back to work, immediately Mr. Kirk calls me to talk and show the boss power he has over me.
"Make your choice. Are you going to resign? Or I will fire you."

Khun Sam, who is with us, is glaring at Mr. Kirk. If she'd had a knife, he
  would have stabbed him.
"Kirk, please honor my wish. I'm the other lady."
"What I am doing is less than what you did." Mr. Kirk sits in Khun Sam's chair. "The company rules are clear, I cannot make exceptions. Not only Mon will be affected by the rule, but Yah as well. I just told her to quit her job because I heard she has a secret affair with a man in the same department who has a wife and child. Recently, his wife came here full of
  rage. So I had to deal with the situation myself."
"I see, you intend to get revenge on me, right?"
"Whatever. I'm just getting out of trouble here..." Mr. Kirk looks at me and smirks. "Please understand me."
"All right. I get it."
I answer him even though I don't agree. I don't regret being fired. But I am sad to have lost a good brother, who now looks at me with indifference.
"Well, maybe it's harder."
  "Even if you fired her, everything will remain the same, nothing has
changed." Khun Sam said slowly. "The difference is, I hate you even more now, Kirk."
"If you hate me, it means you still have feelings for me."
"So, if you think so, I'll show you what I'm capable of... Watch."

Khun Sam grabs me by the wrist and pulls me out of the room. Mr. Kirk,
  who has seen Khun Sam do strange things, runs after us.
"Attention everyone, Kornkamon has resigned." Khun Sam announces loudly. Now everyone is looking at each other and paying attention to me. Now, I'm in the spotlight.
"Sam, what are you doing?" Mr. Kirk asks, but Khun Sam continues.
"I broke up with Kirk and am now in a relationship with Kornkamon, as a couple... I mean, girlfriends." She explains it clearly. Of course, everyone is
  confused.
"I do not know how to explain."
"I would like to inform everyone about this. I broke up with Kirk and now I'm dating Mon. Thanks for listening."
Khun Sam pulls me out of the office immediately. Mr. Kirk follows and grabs my wrist to stop us.
"Sam, why did you do that? You humiliated me!"
"You did it first." She looks down at my wrist which is gripped by
  Mr. Kirk. Looks like she's jealous of me. "Please release Mon's wrist. I don't
like to see anyone touching my girlfriend."
"How do you see her being better than me? Who came first?" "But you already have your girl."
"But..."

"That's enough, Kirk. Don't make things worse. I still consider you my
  friend. If you don't stop, I will really hate you."
And they are fighting with their eyes. The loser is Mr. Kirk. He lets go of my wrist sadly.
"I love you, Sam." "I do not love you."
  "Will not give up. I will do anything to get her back!"
"Your problem. But I warn you right away, it won't work. You will only piss me off more."
Khun Sam pulls me into the elevator as Mr. Kirk watches us. Then she squeezes my wrist tighter. Even though she's acting cold, I know she's hurt.
"Khun Sam..."
"All right. Hurting someone is so painful, but sometimes it's necessary."
I look at Khun Sam, I rest my head on her shoulder as if I want to be loved.
"Okay, Khun Sam, whatever."