chapter no 2

it is both blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply 

*****

Ivan's POV

Sitting on the chair across the table leaning back on the headrest I sipped from my cup while my mind keep going back to yesterday evening, there was a strong desire to go and see her and ask her, if she was okay or not to which I already knew the answer probably she wasn't.

taking the last sip from the cup of coffee in my hand while waiting for my shift to start I was lost in my deep thoughts I heard a knock on my chambers door and then got clicked open revealing Micheal who was looking the same he used to look as we will never know when he's happy and sad because he always has the same stone look on his face.

I shrugged and gestured for him to sit on the wooden chair across the table side by side. As he did I leaned forward on my hands placing them on the table and resting my chin on my hands. Facing him while being drowned in my weird thoughts. A while passed and we both kept silent neither he said anything nor I was in my right mind to say anything.

"Ivan" he called out breaking the silence while sighing and leaning onto the brown huge table placed between us.

"You look lost...I'm sitting here for the last 30 minutes but you pretending that I'm not even here" he made an annoyed face when I came back to my consciousness.

"There's a girl," I said directly not considering the lecture he gave me a second ago. While I faced him with my whole senses. And my mind keeps picturing Isabel from the evening when she was sleeping.

"So you like her" he sipped the cup and said with the same stone face he had when he came here. While I just sighed at his statement I think it was more than liking her though.

"No bro for god sake" I breathed and relaxed in my chair putting my head on the headrest of the soft chair and facing the ceiling. Micheal released a stressful sigh which was enough loud to be heard

"So what's the matter if it's not love kinda thing," he said shrugging his shoulder and gasturing his hands in strange manner.

"Is she from the hospital or from somewhere else" he added. And took another sip.

"She is my patient who got admitted yesterday" Michael snapped his head toward me while giving me a 'what do you mean' look.

"Her case is similar to Amara's case," I said while his expression changed from stone to sad at the mention of Amara. I remember how close they were to each other but with time those beautiful events become part of us and then a mare memory.

"Sooooo....." he said sadly. "What are you thinking?" He added.

"Of course, I will help her by being her doctor," I said calmly. And made up my mind to help her in any way and relive the time I spent with Amara when she was sick.

"So what's disturbing you" he took his last sip and placed his mug beside mine like a couple sitting together. He was right what was bothering me was her case similarities or her existence I shrugged my weird thoughts and especially that last one.

"Amara's case was simple...like she was having cancer but we didn't know and she was in the last stage to which made it more complex and zero chances for her survival" I explained. And Michael just stared at me with those small sad eyes. Must be thinking the same as I'm doing.

"She doesn't have cancer but still there is no chance of her survival if the attack happened again, as you know Amara's asthma was gone when she had cancer means she died because of cancer, not asthma," I explained further while Micheal curiosity increased.