26: Redemption

Percy POV

"Well?" Thalia asked Annabeth.

The whole group was crowded in Annabeth's room for the announcement of her decision. All of our friends was here and also Annabeth's parents. Dr. Apollo was there too.

"Bring the bastard in," Annabeth said with a smirk.

"Oh my god, are there pigs flying?" I blurted out with a laugh. I was for sure that she wouldn't take a kidney from him.

"Pigs don't fly, Kelphead. I'm just a really good best friend," Thalia boasted.

I rolled my eyes, but I was grateful for the decision. No one was available on the UNOS donor list, and Luke's organ just might save Annabeth.

I wasn't a fan of asking Luke for his help, but if it was to save Wise Girl, I'm down with anything.

"Well, I'm glad you made the right decision," Frederick walked up to his daughter, kissing her on the head.

Annabeth's gaze wandered to me out of instinct; however, she immediately turned away before our gazes could lock. I sighed while looking down at my feet.

I just don't understand how breaking up would help. Doesn't Annabeth understand that even if she 'breaks up' with me, I'm still going to love her. It doesn't matter if I don't kiss her, or have sex, or have the title of being her boyfriend. I'll still love her.

Annabeth nodded as everyone agreed with her decision.

She did make the right decision.

"Okay, Annabeth. You need rest, so everyone get out now. We'll talk about this more tomorrow," Apollo said ushering everyone out the door.

***

"Long time no see. How's my dear Annie?" Luke said sarcastically. His voice made me want to punch a wall, but I kept calm for Annabeth's sake.

"If I die without ever seeing you again, it won't be long enough," Annabeth spat at Luke, venom dripping from her voice. I smirked.

"Hey, why the hard feelings?" Luke asked innocently. I wanted to punch him.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me," I swore.

"Annabeth should be thanking me. We all know that she wanted it," Luke said smugly.

"That's it!" Thalia yelled.

Before anyone could do anything, Thalia rushed out of her chair next to Annabeth's bed and grabbed Luke by the collar of his shirt. She shoved him against the wall, rage fueling her eyes and motions.

I wanted her to punch him but didn't say it.

Regretfully, Jason and I pulled Thalia back, while Piper stepped up to Luke Castellan. Her face showed such a silent and angry determination.

"Listen, you asshole. What you did to Annabeth, can never be forgotten. Probably not even forgiven. But, you owe us. And now, we know how you can repay us," she told him.

Before Luke could ask, Piper continued. "Annabeth needs a kidney. And somehow, out of the entire freaking school, and then some, you were the only damn match."

Luke's face instantly transformed into a grin, with a glint in his eye. "So your girlfriend needs to have something of mine inside of her again?"

"You are so going to fucking regret saying that," I growled at him, trying to punch him. I didn't have much luck since I was being restrained by Jason and Frank who were doing damage control.

"Agree to disagree," Luke muttered, inspecting his fingernails.

The whole room was tense and silent. Annabeth didn't bother trying to ask Luke. She wasn't going to lose her pride by begging the man who assaulted her. We weren't going to let her do that anyway.