𝟎𝟎𝟓. lovely encounter

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 — 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑, an observer, she had her eyes on everything that happened under her silken moonlight draped over the city

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑, an observer, she had her eyes on everything that happened under her silken moonlight draped over the city. She wasn't always laying in moonbeams and celestial lights, the moon would sometimes be broken down, she would drown in the darkness of the night.

The moon was her protector, she watched over her like a guardian, she would envelop her in the nighttime obscurity like an armour. And the moon knew that she would repay her, whether in bloody bones or golden prayers.

The moon was a saint in Leila's eyes, her guardian angel, her heart was the purest with no scar, no blood, no sins. She watched Leila, her every move, her every word, her every thought as she walked through the streets. 

Leila had accepted the job, the one Inej had asked her to do, as the latter walked, she recalled the words that played in her head. I will kill for you, Inej. I will do it.

Now here she was, walking down the street towards the home of her victim. Her mind was telling her that this was just an everyday work. Killing was her job, so why was this more personal.

Leila Darya had blood on her hands, she'd always did, from the moment she'd started a life in Ketterdam to her present self. Leila had never once thought that she was clean of her sins. Taking one's life was her daily job. 

Leila walked quietly, her mind racing with thoughts. Finally looking up she saw the building she had to go into. The side of the building was dark due to the absence of light, but it was illuminated enough by the streetlights for Leila to see the open window. Her entrance way.

Leila could not think of one thing that could stop her in that moment, the moonlight shinning down on her, the soft wind brushing through her hair, the night sky darkening with her mission.