3 | Mythology Game

[NICO]

Though I didn't say it out loud, I hated this game.

It reminded me of Bianca, and why she had died. She had died trying to make me happier... and it was all related to this stupid mythology game I had played years ago. Mythomagic.

Then I was reminded of how I had gotten angry at Percy... I felt terrible. But I always felt terrible, so none of my friends seemed to notice that my expression was dark. My expression was always dark.

"Who's the goddess of magic?" Jack asked. Easy peasy. But the look on the mortals' faces told me that they weren't anything close to Greek and Roman mythology experts.

"Hecate." I answered.

"Um, correct." Jack said.

"Who is Skeiron's father?" I asked him.

"Sk - what?"

"Skeiron." I said.

"Um... what was he again?"

"Seriously, Sumer?" Becky yelled at him. "You don't know this?"

"Do you know?"

"No."

"Answer?" I asked.

"Uh, fine, I don't know..."

"Poseidon." I replied, glancing at Percy.

"It was that simple?" Jack groaned.

"Yeah."

"Okay..." Jack hesitated on what to ask next. Obviously, his teammates couldn't help him, but they didn't even try. They must have known whatever they asked me, I would probably get it right... unless it was a very hard one.

"What's Hercules's Greek name?"

"Heracles." I answered.

"You're good."

I didn't answer to that compliment. I just went on.

"What is Skeiron's best ally?" I asked. I knew he wouldn't be able to answer that, because he didn't even know who Skeiron was, and only knew now that he was a son of Poseidon. Oh well, yes, he could think of a sea animal and get a turtle and make it giant, but who knows?

"An octopus or something?" Jack asked.

"A giant turtle." I replied. That was a 2 : 0

"Don't go too harsh on him," Annabeth told me.

"Fine." I answered, though I didn't know what to ask if I couldn't go harsh. What was Zeus the god of? Or the other way around - Who was the god of the sky?

"Who lives in Ogygia?" Jack asked me.

"Who used to live, you mean." I said quietly, as Leo freaked out silently, and Calypso glared at him.

"Uh... no, who lives! I think it's that, isn't it? I searched it all up, and she still lives there!" Jack protested.

"Oh really. You've got great ears, I meant to say it to myself." I said.

"Thanks...? Anyways - you want a hint? I got it from a name. The name of one of these people here."

"You mean-" And then Annabeth glared at me which told me, Hold it back. "C- Percy?"

"Nope. Calypso!"

"Oh. I forgot." My tone must have been too boring, Annabeth gave me another glare. "I totally forgot." I added.

And then Piper gave me a glare that told me, We're going to win this with skill, so don't even think about letting him win. I didn't know who to listen to, so I just moved on and asked my question... which was very hard for me to choose the level.