4 | Team of Triumph

[PERCY]

The game of Coach Hedge versus Kristy Bummerman started.

"You can do this, Krist!" Billy shouted to his friend.

"Seriously, Bill? Kristy is short for Kristina, and you had to shorten it even more!" Kristy complained.

"It's shorter," Billy protested.

"Oh yeah, you couldn't let one extra 'Y' sound out of your mouth."

"Stop arguing, we're starting the game!" Jason, as usual, was in command.

Piper laughed and whispered something in his ear, which I guessed was something like, Shouting at them as if a couple of mortals were an army of monsters, huh?

Coach Hedge asked the question first.

"Who is the greatest, the mightiest, the super mightiest, super, super mightiest-"

After the twentieth or so 'super', Leo stopped him.

"Okay, Coach. Enough 'supers', and let's hear who that super person is, yeah? No point in saying all that supers if you don't get to the person."

"Most super mightiest satyr in the world?" Coach Hedge finished his question.

"Uh..." Kristy said.

"The question has no answer," Annabeth said. "Coach, you can't ask questions which don't have answers."

"There was no rule like that!" Coach protested.

"Well, because all the quiz games have rules like that, and we said it was a quiz game."

"Only this one, then, cupcake. And then I'll ask some questions that this girl might know."

Annabeth hesitated. Then she said,

"Last one, Coach."

It was a miracle.

"Uh..." Kristy said. "You?"

All our eyes widened. How could Kristy know? Did she also know that we were demigods, too?

"You're right!" Coach Hedge leaped around.

"It is? Well, since Annabeth said it didn't have an answer, I just said anything... but I got it right!"

Phew, she didn't know we were demigods.

"That was amazing!" I told her.

She smiled at me and looked me in the eyes. I managed to figure out her eyes were green. Time to find out if they were the next time I saw them. She didn't let go of the eye contact until Becky shook her.

"You okay, Kristy?" she asked.

"What? Oh, yeah. Uh..." she looked away, and she coughed, starting her question.

"Name Medusa's sisters." she said.

"I remember one," Coach Hedge said. "Euryale, since it reminds me of Europe and its Eiffel Tower. Me and Mellie visited with the baby - I - I mean, Mellie and her baby sister."

"Um..." Kristy frowned. "Okay... the other one?"

"I know it's got 'th', but I forgot. Thanos?"

"We're talking about the Avengers?" Kristy laughed. "No, it's Sthenno."

"You're so good, girl!" Annabeth cheered, and Kristy smiled.

The game went on, and the game ended with a 5 : 3, with Kristy winning.

"My plan worked!" Annabeth exclaimed. "See? I told you you'll do an amazing job!"

"Yeah..." Kristy muttered, blushing.