The Magnificent Seven

Dean was probably having the time of his life until his year ran up and Hellhounds would come and drag him to Hell because he sold his soul to bring Sam back to life.

I was driving down the road in my silver 1968 Ford Mustang, GT500KR, calling Sam.

"Hello."

"Hey, Sam."

"Hey, Ness."

"What're you doing?"

"Oh, same old, same old."

"You buried in that book again? Sam, you want to break Dean free of that deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."

"Then where, Ness?"

"Sammy, I wish I knew. Well, you boys better pack it up. I think I finally found something."

Crop failure and cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska, possible demon omens.

~~

The next morning, Dad and I were sitting outside of a house, leaning against my car, listening to the sound of cicadas.

Sam and Dean pulled up in the Impala, getting out of the car, slowly walking toward us. Dean had a cheese burger.

"Hear those cicadas?" Sam asked.

"That can't be a good sign," Dean told us.

"No," Sam agreed. "No, it can't."

Dad looked at Dean. "So, we're eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?"

"Well, I sold my soul," Dean told us. "Got a year to live. I ain't sweating the cholesterol."

"So, what do you think?" Sam asked. "We got a biblical plague here or what?"

"Well, let's find out," I told them. "Looks like the swarm's ground zero."

We walked up the porch steps.

Dean knocked on the door. "Candygram!"

There was no answer.

I took out my lock pick, using it to open the door, leading the way inside, instantly smelling the smell of death and decay, covering my nose in disgust. "That's awful. That so can't be a good sign."

Sam, Dean and Dad followed, guns drawn.

Dad and I went one way to check the house.

Sam and Dean went the other.

We walked into a back room, seeing the TV on, Sam and Dean standing next to a family of three, seated on the couch, several days dead.

We all recoiled at the increased stench.

"Oh, my God," I said.

"What the hell happened here?" Sam asked.

"I don't know," Dad told us.

"Check for sulfur," Dean told us.

"Yeah," Dad agreed.

We checked around the room.

Dean heard a noise out front, whistling quietly, signaling to Sam to come with him to check it out.

Sam and Dean walked out to the front, guns drawn.

Dad and I circled around the other way, onto the front porch to see two familiar faces standing over Sam and Dean, who had been knocked to the porch floor by the shotguns in their hands.