Time Is On My Side

Finding another lead on Bela and the Colt, I stood in the bar I worked at back home in Sioux Falls called TJz, having the phone between my head and shoulder, pouring a few drinks while I called Dean.

"Ness."

"Hey. Think I got another lead on Bela."

"I'm listening."

I picked up the drinks, walking toward the other side of the counter bar. "Rufus Turner."

"Who's that? Like a Cleveland steamer?"

"He's a hunter, or he used to be."

"And now?"

I placed the drinks in front of a couple at the bar. "Hermit, mostly." I turned toward the back to get some ice. "Does a little selling on the side." I grabbed a bucket, using a small shovel to gather ice into the bucket. "Anyway, I put the word out on Bela months ago. He just called. Said a woman got in touch, wanted to buy some things."

"And he thinks it's Bela?"

I put the small shovel down, turning toward the bar, placing the bucket down. "British accent, went by the name Mina Chandler."

"She's used that before. Well, it's kinda of a sloppy move, isn't it? Getting in contact with one of your old friends?"

I turned to grab a few more glasses from the rack above the bar, turning to the bar, placing them down next to the ice bucket and the drink mix. "Friend? Haven't laid eyes on him in 15 years." I mixed together a few drinks while I spoke. "He's not the Christmas card type. And he's more my dad's friend, anyway, if you could even call it that. I doubt she knows we know him. Canaan, Vermont."

"Thanks, Loch Ness." I smirked, rolling my eyes, shaking the drinks, shaking my head. "We're on our way."

I put the glasses down, adding ice to the drinks. "One other thing. Take a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue."

I put the drinks down in front of other people, walking away.

"Okay."

I leaned forward against the bar. "Good luck."

I hung up, putting my phone away, looking down thoughtfully, knowing that we only had weeks until Dean's year came to an end and he would be dragged to Hell.

I wanted to stop it.

I did.

But we did not know if we could.