chapter 1

Annabelle or Anna preferred to be called sat in the front seat of the car. Her eyes were closed that were hidden by a pair of large sunglasses she wore. Her mind and body relaxed as she listened to her mother Lucy humming beside her.
Lucy, a mother in her forties had three children. She was a happy go lucky woman, with a big heart and a free spirit.
Sam, the youngest at age fifteen. He's a victim of too many afternoon in shopping malls, listening to music and collecting comic books. His proudest moment was he sat the family down and told them he liked men.
Michael, age eighteen, slums in the back seat behind his older sister. He's a loner and independent and not enjoying the ride.
And there's Annabelle. An nineteen year old over the top woman with a child-like personality, bubbly and over protective sister. She is friendly with anyone but if felt threatened her personality will switch. She hides things from her family only to protect them, a woman with many secrets.
"We're getting close." Lucy tells them happily.
"I can tell... The feeling of fear lingers in the air. It's making me sick." Anna says tired.
"Fear?" Asks Michael.
Anna nods her head. "All I see is a lot of missing people posters and people are still going missing. Cops are clueless." She informs. "Be careful." She warns the family.
"What else are you getting?" Michael pushes.
Anna takes a couple of deep breaths and closes her mind. "Excitement. happy. Think people are drunk or stoned and many accidents in the ocean."
Lucy looks at her daughter with a smile, but she worries deep down. "You want me to pull over sweety. I know people's emotions and you're...ability tires you out."
Anna smiles. "I be fine mom. It's like going on the waltzers."
"See....she's psychic...." Sam butts in.
Anna scoffs. "I'm not psychic..."
"You are." Michael argues.
"I'm not....I've not always been like this..." Anna says and turns to look at Michael.
"But you and Dylan had that twin thing..." He points out.
"What twin thing?"
"But your psychic abilities started when Dylan went missing...assuming dead...." Sam says without thinking.
"Stop,please." Lucy cries loudly.
The teenagers shut up and snapped their eyes at their mother. Her lips were pressed together and tears rolling down her cheeks.
"Mom..." Michael whispers.
"I'm sorry, mom...I didn't think." Sam says apologetic.
"It's okay... I'm fine...it's hard to talk about...." She cried.
Anna felt her emotions. She held her mother's hand tightly, tears flowing like a river."you be okay mom. We will be okay...it's okay to grieve."
"I have to be strong..."
"You are strong,mom" Michael says, leaning forward kissing her cheek.
"Don't think sad thoughts of Dylan only the good." Sam says. "And he will always be in our hearts...always..."
Everyone nodded with a small smile.
"Hmm, Anna!"
"Yes Sam."
"You haven't heard anything from Dylan have you?" He asks with hope.
"No Sammy. I think he's moved on, but I believe he's just missing."
"We hope so..." Sam replies, patting his dog on the head. He smirks. "Okay, you say your not psychic but I wanna put it to a test. you up for it?" He challenged.
Anna nods her head.
"What's that smell?"
Lucy and Anna fill their lungs taking a deep breath.
"Ocean air." They both reply at the same time.
"See. Psychic, you inherited the gift from mom. It doesn't smell nice, it smells like something died...just saying."
"Guys, I know it hasn't been easy...with Dylan...the divorce and now the move...but I think your going to like living in Santa Carla."
Anna smiles. "I loved coming here when we was little. I think I was five or something..." Anna pipes up.
"I can't remember." Michael replies.
"Neither can I." Sam mumbles.
Lucy laughs. "You were just born..."she chuckles. "How about some music?" She turns on the station,and some country music came on.
"Keep going."
Lucy next finds the Easy Listening station.
"Keep going,mom." Michael tells her.
Lucy finds Donovan singing 'Mellow yellow'
"Keep going." Everyone says.
Lucy laughs. "Wait. Haight-Ashbury! The summer of love!"
"Keep going." Sam says.
"No mom, leave it on." Anna teases.
"Your cruel." Michael replies.
They all laugh as they put on some rock music.