Chapter 48

Y/N jumped from roof to roof. His face was covered by the hood of his jacket but in his expression, conflict was easily visible.

He tried to look for that girl for three hours straight and it was already night. But he didn't find her anywhere in the city.

Kai Chisaki...

His breath ragged when that name crossed his head.

He had his fair share of info about the man.

Kai Chisaki also known as Overhaul. Head of some Yakuza mafia. He didn't know more about him besides that he was evil... One of the worst.

Y/N stopped his rush and stopped at a roof taking a moment to take a deep breath.

Chisaki had to be the worst if he used a girl for whatever he was planning...

He thought the worst and that made his fist tighten due to the anger.

This time... He had failed to save someone.

"Stop sulking already. This a War and you lost but a battle. Focus on that the next time you destroy him for real... Have you considered killing him?"

Amusement leaked from Mirror's voice.

Y/N lowered his hood and the fresh air brushed against his face... It felt good.

"Yes. From the few that I've heard he is a despicable man and it's not hard to see that he is indeed a cancer. He has this vile and disgusting aura oozing from him... But, Who am I to decide who dies or lives?

"The King?"

He chuckled upon hearing Mirror's answer.

"I use that name not because I want to be the King and make everyone submit to my power. I just want to guide everyone to a better future... But."

Y/N looked at the streets filled with people and lights.

"It's not as easy as I thought it would be. I am not making any progress."

"True... But also not. You have grown both in mentality and power, back then you were just a brat with dreams and fantasies. Now... You're still a brat, but you're conscious that not everything is as easy as it seems, but you don't give up. That is Growth."

He smiled while hearing his words.

It was true... he had gained more power and he could be considered a little more mature than how he was at the beginning of UA. But still.

He had a lot to learn.

And that... made him Smile.

He leaped off the roof and propelled himself higher into the sky with the use of his flames before he started to rapidly fall.

Confidently, he let himself consume into the free fall before he landed gracefully on the ground doing barely a sound.

Kokusen erased any kind of fall damage or pain.

The black and red lightning faded and he took off his black jacket placing it over his shoulder. Then he blended in with the crowd that filled the streets as if nothing had happened.

It was so easy to mix up with the crowd when your "work" uniform. was just... a hoodie.

However, he was curious about the history between All Might and Nighteye, it seemed quite serious, but he didn't know any details about it.

He had the feeling that knowing about it would be of use for the future besides he felt like talking to All Might about pretty much anything.

...