Chapter Twenty-nine

Figuring out sex for the two was like discussing their favorite restaurant and not giving it a rest

     Figuring out sex for the two was like discussing their favorite restaurant and not giving it a rest. Saturday and Sunday went by quickly, although it would be weird to admit it was mostly because they were having sex. They did it in the morning—during showers, in-between midday naps, before dinner, after dinner—you get the gist. It was just something that got slightly better with each retry, and when the weekend winded down to give way to Monday, the two realized that they weren't going to have this much time together for a good few weeks.

     "I'm going to miss this," Zach admitted, staring at the ceiling. It was maybe seven in the morning. They had to start heading out for Leroy's sister's fair at about ten-eleven.

     "I'll miss it too," Leroy admitted, looking at the ceiling as well before turning on his side to look at Zach. The man's hair was just doing whatever now. It was clumped at some places and pressed down on others. It looked silly, but so cute. Or at least Leroy thought so, seeing as he was the one who didn't let it stay very long in braids or twists.

     "We should probably shower and start getting ready," Leroy said after a while, sitting up in bed before rubbing his eyes. "I have to go wake up my sister too," he said, sighing as he crawled out of bed. Zachary smiled at that. In his limited interaction with the two, he'd sort of picked up their love-hate relationship. They bickered, but Leroy would always go to her invents to listen to his sister's boy problems.

     "I'll go take a shower first," Zach announced, sitting up too.

     "You can wait for me, though," Leroy said, pulling on a pair of pants.

     "I think I need the head start," Zachary said, pointing to his hair.

     Leroy chuckled. "Okay, fair," the younger man said, rubbing the back of his neck as he strolled to his bedroom door. "See you in a bit," he said, turning the knob before leaving. Zachary made his way to the bathroom soon after, and within the next hour, all three were dressed and heading out of the house.

     "I'm driving," Emilia announced, taking the keys from Leroy's pockets before picking up her box of items and waddling off to their mother's car. She was in skin-fitting jeans that flared out into jean bottoms just below the knees, and one could catch her chunky green sandals under the drapes if they watched her walk around for a bit.

     "We'll both stay in the back. I'll help her load up the truck," Leroy announced, picking up the other box on the porch before walking over to the car, too. Zachary followed along, waiting at the door of the back seat for Leroy and Emilia to be done at the trunk. When they were done, Emilia hopped into the front seat while Leroy and Zach sat in the back together.

     At first, the car was quiet, with Emilia humming to herself as she asked Leroy the occasional question, but eventually, she tried to get Zachary involved, asking him questions about his favorite music and squealing when she noticed they shared a favorite artiste. From then on, the car ride was a one-woman karaoke of Emilia singing her heart out to black sabbath as she paused in between to discuss the songs with Zachary. Leroy was mostly okay with it. His boyfriend and his sister getting along was a good thing, but his sister singing badly to rock songs, however, was not. So, when Emilia got a parking spot and finally turned off the radio, Leroy thanked whatever heavens for his sanity back.