uǝʌǝS ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

After the weirdness they had experienced at school, Y/N and Max were walking home together. Well, Y/N was walking while Max was slowly skating beside him.

They had went to the school's own nurse and she checked Y/N if he had any injuries. At best he just had a scar on his head that would heal in the next few days, and at worst he would have a light concussion. All and all, it could've been worse.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Max asked again as the boy next to her was constantly rubbing the back of his head.

"Yes, Max, I'm fine." Y/N let out a sigh. "Just like the other twelve times you asked me."

"I'm sorry for wanting to be sure my friend is alright." Max held her hands in the air as she thought of something else. "You know you're dad is going to ask why you're late, right?"

"You know you're brother is going to ask the same thing, right?" Y/N asked in the same tone. "And you know we can't just say 'one of our friends had an episode while we were looking for a new kind of animal another friend of ours discovered'." he quickly added on.

"So, what's the excuse?" Max asked as Y/N shrugged. "I fell down the stairs and you helped me get to the nurse, and then back home." he explained as they arrived at their houses.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, same." Max waved as the two kids walked their separate ways to their separate homes across from each other.

Y/N walked inside as he called out a greeting for his father. "Dad, I'm home!"

"Y/N?" Owen called back as he leaned on the kitchen counter. "Where the hell have you been?" he sternly asked.

"I fell down the stairs and Max helped me get to the nurse and back home

"I fell down the stairs and Max helped me get to the nurse and back home." Y/N explained as he saw the features on his dad's face soften. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just a scar that will heal by tomorrow."

"Okay, good." the older man said. "Well, I made lasagna." Owen announced as he saw his son get literal puppy eyes. "You didn't!"

"I did." Owen smiled as the father and son walked into the living room to have dinner.

○●○

The next day at school, Y/N and Max were back with the group, except Will who stayed home and Dustin who didn't arrive yet, to continue looking for Dart. Y/N could already see that there was some tension between Max and Mike but Y/N didn't immediately know why that was.

They were now at the trash container as Lucas searched around for the creature. "Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike exclaimed as Max looked sick just thinking about what she needed to do. "This is so disgusting."

"Do we really need to do this?" Y/N asked as he saw Dustin running towards them. "Heya."

"What the hell's going on?" Dustin asked confused as Mike answered his question. "What do you think? We're looking for Dart."