The Story

She should have pulled the trigger.

This was what Clara Seger-Garrett thought when Onario shot her. She knew that she was bound to get hurt with a job like hers at some point. Suddenly she heard a door fall then a loud bang which she knew was a gun, then Onario fell to the ground.

"Scarpa! It's over." A voice said, she knew that voice, it was her colleague, Jack Garrett. "Ja- aaargh" she tried to say his name, but the pain got to her before she could.

"What happened, Clara," Jack asks her after seeing her on the couch bleeding from her right shoulder. She could barely let out the name Onario. "Hang on, Clara," he said while putting pressure on the wound. "Jack," she choked out, "Don't let me die'' the kids need me, she didn't need to tell them to know he heard the last part. "Clara! Hang... on... para... medics... are... on... there... way..." she hears Mae say panting. "Okay," Clara said weakly, half-dazed from the loss of blood.

When they get to the hospital, the doctors rush Clara to the Operating Room while the rest of the team waits. They all sat in the waiting room in silence, still shocked about what happened. Isa was comforting herself with a song on repeat and rewind, Mae was just staring into space, Matt was well Matt, Emma was having a panic attack, and Jack was trying to help Emma calm down. They stayed like that for what seemed like forever until a doctor came into the waiting room and said "SSA Clara Seger-Garrett" they all stood up Mae and Matt looked shocked and confused, Isa almost swore, Emma looked like a little kid getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar, and when the four of them turned their heads to face Jack his face was completely unreadable.

"Yes, we're her colleagues" Jack spoke up first then Emma came a bit closer next came Isa and finally Mae and Matt who were still in shock from what they heard. "SSA Seger-Garrett lost a lot of blood during the surgery, but thankfully the bullet didn't hit any major Arteries, and we were able to extract the bullet. She did need a blood transfusion due to the loss of blood. I suggest she takes it easy, but other than that she would make a full recovery. We are also keeping her here overnight to monitor her condition, and then she's all clear to travel back to the US." they all exhaled in relief, "Can we see her?" Emma spoke up, worry still in her voice "Of course but only one at a time." they all nodded, then Matt turned to his boss and said, "You should go first Jack" Jack nodded and followed the doctor to Clara's room.

After Jack left, the rest of the team looked at each other. "What in Quezon's name just happen" Isa spoke up first somehow keeping her voice low

"They are so screwed after this" Mae said like a little kid catching their older sibling in a compromising position "I'm calling Monty" quickly putting Monty on speed dial "Hey Monty you're on speaker" Mae said casually "Mayfield Ruth Jarvis why are you calling me at this time of the night" Monty said from the phone "Sorry Monty, but you will not believe what we just heard" Mae and Isa said at the same time now intrigue Monty said "I'm listening"

Mae, Isa, Emma, and Matt did a quick game of rock paper scissors then Matt said "Okay, so we were waiting on an update on Clara since she got shot-" Monty cut Matt off by saying "Hold up Clara got SHOT!" none of them wanted to talk about it, but Mae spoke up saying "Yea in the shoulder" Matt spoke up before Mont could say anything "and when the doc came to talk to us he said wait for it SSA Seger-Garrett" Mae interjected saying "That's still weird hearing that" Monty who was in complete shock about what his friends said "Why is Clara's name hyphenated to have both her and Jack's surname?" Mae exhaled in annoyance, "Isn't it obvious" Isa and Emma replied with a simple nope. "Jack and Clara are married, " Mae said emphasizing the word married

"Jack and Clara there is no way that's possible they're married and if it was true, I would have started a third EDSA revolution." Isa said slightly raising her voice emphasizing the word third "Please don't" everyone replied concern in their voice, "Plus haven't you seen the way they interact with each other" Mae asked Isa and Emma "Ummm yea," Isa was the one to reply "but from my perspective, they're just really close friends" she added Emma nodded in agreement. Mae, Matt, and Monty had enough of the two playing dumb but said nothing then Monty said, "Lets talk about this with both Jack and Clara with us" Mae who was reluctant to back down but was also tired said "Fine but if they are married you and Matt owe me 100 bucks". Matt and Monty simultaneously said "deal" then Mae hung up on Monty.