PRB (8)

Pacifica's lying.

Mabel knew that something was odd with those cousins from the moment she met them, that night at the Tent of Telepathy. Now she knew what Pacifica's goal was: get to the twins, brainwash them and then, steal their powers; she started with her twin brother, oh, poor Dipper. Falling on the delusional love of a lying bleached-blonde girl. Pacifica knew she was immune to Mabel's powers, and now mocked her in silence. How dare she? How dare she give Mabel those victorious eyes? The eyes that told Mabel that she was weak and pathetic, that told her she had already taken Dipper's mind, and soon, she'd take hers too.

But that would not happen. No, not on Mabel's watch.

At first, she had suspected Gideon due to how much he wanted to get close. But after spending this time with him, she realised that he was just bubbly and in need for a friend. There was also something mentioning white hair and magic, which is another reason she had believed he was onto something. Maybe, white hair means brainwashing. Wait, could his approach on her be his way of calling for help? Going for her and trying to get so close so he could get under her magical aura and escape? Or was he trying to tell her Pacifica's plans through metaphorical speech? If he did, she didn't catch any of that.

She watched the date between her brother and Pacifica from a distance and used her amulet to stay invisible. The two were getting a hot chocolate at an outside stand in town that had opened near the Greasy's Diner; it was just a simple counter with a roof and closed cubic walls around. Dipper gave her the coffee, Pacifica smiled and thanked him. Ugh, what an annoying smile — it was cute, but it made her blood boil of hoe fake it was. Yes, Mabel was sure that Pacifica was faking every reaction and movement to take Dipper under her control, just like she did to Gideon.

Did Pacifica just stare at her? How did she know Mabel was there?

Mabel's blood boiled. Did Pacifica just smirk at her. . .?

What a wicked evil thing. That's more than enough evidence. Pacifica smiled innocently at Dipper, then kissed his cheek. He blushed, his eyes went wide. He looked at her neutrally as she giggled and kissed her cheek back. Pacifica squeaked and blinked in surprise, while Dipper smiled confidently at her, letting out a single chuckle and calling her adorable. Dipper did really have bad taste for girls, didn't he? The only girl she had actually enjoyed the company of was that selkie girl, what was her name. . .? Amelia, she guessed.

Part of Mabel constantly told her to chill. Asking her "Why is Pacifica a monster, again?", "Dipper loves her, are you really going to ruin his happiness over a useless fight?", "What are you and Pacifica fighting over? There has to be a better explanation,". She ignored that side of her and slowly it got lower and lower, now she barely heard it. She already had enough to deal with in her head, doubt of what she's sure of is not needed.

There was another side of her she pushed aside. The side that wanted to throw the first sharp thing she saw towards Pacifica, take her out of the threat list right there and then. But that wasn't an option — not yet, at least — while her brother was being hypnotised by that monster. She'd get a confession, and she knew exactly how. First, she'd corner her somewhere there was no one else around, and then, she'd rip the truth out of here no matter what she had to do.

She blinked and got distracted as the two moved. She quickly followed them and hid - she may be invisible, but she knew Pacifica had seen her. Where are they going now? Is that a floriculture? Oh, how sweet of her brother, getting a lady flowers. Too bad that lady is evil. He picked out a bouquet of flowers that had both their colours — blue and orange — and gave it to her. Pacifica smiled shyly. He took her to a more private area. She tilted her head as she carefully followed them.

"It may be fake flowers, but I really wanted to show you this," Dipper said, leading Pacifica to a door. He opened the door and went inside with her, shutting the door behind. Mabel took a step out of her hiding and went to the door, she held the doorknob and was about to turn it.

"Oh my god, it's Mabel Pleasure!"

Mabel whirled around, surprised. She looked down at herself, realising she was been visible now. She smiled at the group and waved, then blew a kiss towards them with a wink. They cheered loudly, acting like they'd die of a heart attack. Ah, how Mabel loved this attention, the fame she and her brother had gotten.

Wait, how did they know she was there, but Dipper wasn't greeted?

Something's off, and she would figure out what.

They started to get closer, so Mabel took a few steps away from the door to not look suspicious. Sadly, her investigation would be paused until she was done with this. But it was already clear who she had to keep an eye on, the real mastermind behind this, the real bad guy: Pacifica Pines;

She had finally finished greeting and talking to her fans when the door she saw Dipper and Pacifica go through was opened. She looked over her shoulder towards her brother, still smiling. Her smile shortened when her eyes turned to Pacifica. Dipper gave her a serious glare, one that didn't look like the usual neutral he had, it had something different in it: seriousness, anger perhaps. Why? What happened to change his whole mood? Did the date not go well? It would be a shame for him, but also, one less problem to deal with (since Dipper wouldn't be on her despiteful web). But it could be something else, since the glare was towards Mabel.

What did Pacifica do? Did she say something? Is Dipper finally trapped enough?

Darn it, she should have told her fans to wait. But she couldn't! She didn't have the heart to, she loved those young people greeting her — and there was a little boy too! She hated that sometimes she didn't have the confidence to tell someone to leave her alone and buzz off. She wouldn't tell anyone about that, though. Only Dipper knew. And that started to become a problem, one of the reasons she hid what she could from him, so the information wouldn't end up in Pacifica's hands.

"What a surprise to see you here, bro bro, I just arrived and bumped into our lovely fans," Mabel said. "They were delighted to see me, and I'm sure they're delighted to see you too." she added and turned to them. "Right?"

They all went around Dipper and separated him from Pacifica. Mabel took the opportunity to get closer to her. No, she wouldn't do anything now, she just wanted to talk. "What were you doing in there with my brother?"

"There's a garden inside of fake flowers," Pacifica said.

Mabel's eye almost twitched. Why did she say it like that? Was she ungrateful that they were fake? What did she expect? For flowers to grow during winter? She's just playing dumb, isn't she? And probably, she's lying. She kept her smile on her face as much as she could. "Did you talk about something?" she asked, eyeing Pacifica up and down.

"W—We talked about our moments before," Pacifica replied. "Then we had a small picnic,"

She had seen the basket Dipper brought. She knew that was true. But she needed to confirm with him, discretely check for signs of magic, like the white hair. Mabel smoothed her outfit. "My brother mentioned you went to the warehouse," she said. "What did you see there? Anything you liked?"

"I didn't go inside. . ." Pacifica replied. "We were just at the rooftop, watching the town,"

Mabel nod and hummed. "I see," she turned. "Good," she whispered and turned to her brother, who had managed to get out of the fan's surrounding and went back to Pacifica's side. "I'll see you at home, bro bro!" she waved at him and left.

After she was sure it was safe, she used her astral projection to go back to the mansion. When she got home, she immediately pulled out her crystal ball. It was clear that she needed to do something quick. Pacifica was a threat bigger than she imagined, if Pacifica got her brother, an amulet bearer and someone who did not fall for magical tricks and was very hard to surprise, — even with her amulet — then she needed to get ridden of as soon as possible. While her cousin, Gideon, had only tried to get her out of his head, he accidentally distracted her from the real situation. But she didn't blame him that, she only had Pacifica to blame. But that would end, yes, it would end. Everyone has weaknesses, Pacifica wasn't an exception, she just had to wait for the girl to show one. She'd watch until Pacifica lets her guard down.

Little did she know, that Mabel had already planned her trap.