Chapter 3

"Well, It's one for the money. Two for the show" Darla sung.

"Three to get ready now go, cat, go! But don't you step on my blue suede shoes!" Elvis sung next, as Darla stood beside him.

"Well, you can do anything but stay off of my blue suede shoes" They sung together with smiles on their faces.

"Well, you can knock me down, step on my face...."

"Your attention, please!" The Colonel spoke through his megaphone, while driving beside all the other cars.

"I have some good news. Our next four nights are sold out...thanks to the dazzling performances of our tremendous showman, Hank Snow. And I've noticed a mild interest in our newest act, Elvis Presley and Darla Osbourne" Elvis glanced from the driver seat, and gave Darla a cheeky grin, earning a laugh in return that made his heart swell.

The shows were going smoothly, everyone went crazy for the duo at each show. Elvis and Darla ate up all the attention, making their confidence and love for performing grow with each second. They were loving it. They were dong so well, that they were basically taking all the attention away from the other performers.

When it came to resting, both Darla and Elvis had separate rooms. During the small tour, there had been some close encounters with the two. There was always tension between them, but it only seemed to grow bigger and stronger.

There had been multiple times where they nearly kissed each other, but either they would get interrupted by the band or the fans. It was getting to the point where it was driving them crazy.

The shows were happening almost non-stop, everyone especially Elvis and Darla were feeling the effects of the shows. They hadn't realised just how tiring it is to drive around to different towns, then sing and dance for hundreds of people. Put no matter how tiring it is, neither Darla nor Elvis wanted to stop performing.

"Colonel, what are that boy and girl doing on our tour?" Hank questioned the large man.

"Well, I told you all about them. And they want to record one of your songs" Parker answered.

"Oh? Which one?" The singer asked.

"All of them" The Colonel answered simply.

"Well, you warn them plenty. None of those lewd gyrations or sudden, jerky movements"

Unfortunately for Hank, they did the exact opposite of what he asked. The more they moved around on stage, the crazier the crowd would get. It got to the point that women were throwing their underwear at both of them, and people would try to reach out and touch them.

"Is that a pair of young ladies' intimates i see upon the stage?" Hank asked the Colonel, while turning away from the stage.

"Yes, I believe it is, Hank" Parker answered with slight amusement.

"Best not happen when he sing one of my songs" The man said, making Parker look at him with a straight face.

"I'm sure it won't"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Elvis, the papers say there are men and women around yours and Darla's hotel all night long" Gladys said in distress.

"We don't even go out, mama. We stay in" Elvis sighed over the phone.

In Darla's hotel room, she was laying on her bed staring at the ceiling. Gladys had called the girl earlier, and stated that there were people around the hotel and that she was worried something might happen. Of course the Osbourne girl reassured that nothing was going to happen, and they both her and Elvis were safe and sound.