C H A P T E R 4.

(When did this get to 6k 💀)

-----------------------------------------------------------

You weren't sure how much time had passed when you suddenly jolted out of bed, your body swinging forward, and your chest heaving with deep breaths.
Was that a nightmare? No, it was too realistic... right? You quickly got up and searched around the premise.
Well, no Wally in sight.

Though didn't you search everywhere last time too and still couldn't find him?
Everywhere but the basement and attic, and you did hear something in the attic yesterday.
Taking in a deep breath, you decide to throw your covers off of your body and stand up.

You then walk into your hallway.
From there, you can see your completely spotless living room just like how it was yester- Wait, what?
You quickly walk out of your room and into your living room.

Sure enough, everything was spotless.
It was like you hadn't even wrecked the place last time.
You quickly scanned over everything quickly with your eyes, it was perfect?

You didn't know what it was about it, but you've never seen this room look this good...

What was going on?

You definitely didn't do this.
Did Wally?
You can't help but think that he might've.

After all, no one would break in just to clean your house, right? Not even a super kind neighbor.
With a huff, you turn your attention away from your beautiful, perfectly spotless living room, then look at the now dark and ominous hallway...

Welp! You aren't getting any younger, so with a skip and a hop not really, you reach your destination directly under the scary attic with no flashlight to help you see, just the dim light your phone would provide with its shitty flash.

With a huff, you jump and grab the latch, tugging down the ladder that's hidden inside and almost knocking yourself out with it as well.

You finger gun the ladder, then walk over to the other side and slowly climb up the old, thin wooden ladder, creaking as you climb ever higher into the dark attic.

After pulling your phone out of the pocket of your hoodie, you shine it up to see where you were walking.
You were already lost in the maze of boxes and shelves, your phone being the only source of light that helped guide you forward.

You eventually stumble upon a shelf covered with boxes. You walk past some boxes that looked to be full of clothing items.
Shoes and socks all sorts of weird shoes were stacked on top of each other.
You take another step and accidentally land onto an empty shoe box, jumping quite a bit, then laughing it off.

Until the hatch for the attic shut and the light from your hallway got cut off, leaving you in a state of shock and panic as you shine your light.
Then, with shaky steps, you walk over to the hatch and push it back open, shining your light behind you immediately after and nope-ing the hell out of the attic.
Welp, you refuse to go up there again.

Fuck Wally, he can stay in that creepy-ass attic...
unless it's just a ghost up there? Damn, you didn't really see anything after all.
Oh well, with haste you shut the hatch the best you can, then walk back to your room.

Maybe you could play that VHS again? Oh yeah, great idea you think to yourself, trotting towards your room and grabbing the VHS and inserting it, then sitting on the edge of your bed waiting.

The VHS turned on exactly like before, but this time it was... a completely normal episode!? Seriously?... Fuck, maybe you are crazy.

Welp, you huff, standing up, walking over to the VHS and hovering over the eject button when you hear a voice say,
"Don't," from behind you. Your whole body goes stiff, and you stay there for what feels like forever.

"Come here," Wally's voice demands from behind you. You reluctantly move away from the VHS and turn around, seeing none other than Wally Darling himself now sitting on your bed with his legs crossed, the same smile on his face. He's in your house, and he is sitting on your bed, looking like he owned the fucking place. Hell, at this point, he can have it. You just want to have a normal life.

Deciding to obey him, you walk closer, even though he is twelve apples tall, and you could totally dropkick him out a window. "Good," he says with praise. "Now I want you to look me in the eyes," he says. You obey again, reluctantly. Once both of you stare into each other's eyes, you can't seem to look away. It's like you're in a trance of some kind. You only regain the ability to blink when his soft hand comes and rests on your face, his eyes turned slightly lidded as he stared at you. It was silent, but not uncomfortably so. You both locked eyes again, and this time he gave a very slow blink.

You all of a sudden feel a pressure on your forehead, kind of like a kiss. Did he just kiss your forehead with a blink? How was that even possible? Instead of getting the answer, you're torn out of your thoughts by Wally speaking to you again. "Ha. Ha. Ha." His monotone laugh cuts through the silence. "You look so different, but in a good way," he says, staring into your eyes again. "I missed you, neighbor. You were always my favorite."

You feel heat rush to your cheeks at the compliment. Wait, why were you getting flustered over this? He's a damn puppe- "I hope you missed me as much as I missed you... You don't have to be scared, neighbor. I wouldn't hurt you," he interrupted my dialogue, which is kinda rude, but go off. Didn't he say this to you before? Eh, I guess now that you're both face to face, and he's literally holding your face, you have to respond properly this time.

"Uh... sure, let's go with that," you say, looking away. His smile seemed to get happier, and his eyes brighter. "That's good," he says, looking at you, and you both just have a slightly more awkward stare-off this time. Damn, you both could not keep a conversation, huh?

Oh wait, you had something to ask him! "So, uh... were you the one who cleaned my entire damn living room?" you say, looking down at him, though not by much. Your bed was tall and fat, so it gave him a pretty good height boost. You're not even sure how he got on it in the few seconds you went to eject that VHS.

He nods excitedly, "I did. Did you like it?" he asks. Hell, if he wants to clean your house for you and actually isn't trying to murder you, you might keep him around. "Yeah, it was thoughtful. Thanks," you say, smiling at him. He just looks at you with a smile. Kinda creepy, but cute? You think to yourself

After Wally's confession about cleaning your living room, you couldn't help but wonder what else he had done around your house. You raised your eyebrows and asked, "What else did you clean?" The question hung in the air for a moment before Wally shrugged with a grin on his face. "You'll have to find out," he said, his eyes twinkling mischievously. You chuckled at his response, feeling a sense of warmth and comfort in his presence.

As the two of you continued to chat, you found yourself becoming more and more at ease with Wally. Despite his odd appearance and quirky demeanor, he was actually quite charming and entertaining to be around.
You soon discovered that he had a deep love for looking at apples, which was cute, and the two of you spent the next few hours discussing your favorite Hobbies and such. Though, you knew most of his.

As you got lost in the flow of the conversation, you suddenly felt yourself drifting off to sleep.
The last thing you remember is Wally's soft voice asking you if you wanted to lie down.
You must have nodded off because the next thing you know, you're waking up on the floor in pitch darkness.

You feel disoriented and confused, trying to remember how you got there. The only sound you can hear is the pitter-patter of rain outside and the loud bang of thunder following after a short few seconds.