39 - pr stunts + whiskey

three months later

The lights brightened on the stage, making their faces much more visible to the audience. The blonde woman brought a sincere smile to her face as she lowered her microphone and sent air kisses to their fans, her colleagues by her side all the while. His onyx eyes glistened with awe as he waved at the large crowd of 30,000 with both arms, while his band mate waved with one and a rather small smile, almost out of it due to the pure adrenaline of the moment.

That's how it always was after a performance. However, this one was particularly special. The three of them had done the impossible, and managed to establish themselves as an act that both of their fans were eager to see, interact with and sing along with.

As endearing as the moment was, it was also bittersweet because it was their last. Their short-lived tour came to an end half-way from home in Miami.

With an intermission before their final song, Lucy sighed as she accepted a water bottle from one of the stage crew that quickly came across the area in all black, offering each of them refreshments. Despite the moments being simple, the fans still roared with enthusiasm, flashing their lighters, posters and banners, or simply jumping up and down with excitement.

"Florida, you have been quite the crowd!," Lucy cooed, making them scream even louder. To her, that was the best part. Natsu glanced over at her as he smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I don't know, man, they might be a little crazier than Vegas."

Lucy made a 'yikes' expression before laughing, recalling how hysterical their opening show had been. Despite the events that had previously happened to her, a performance could always bring her hopes up.

"Ohh, I don't know about that. They were a pretty crazy crowd too."

"Yeah," Sting agreed, causing his teammates to glance at them as well. No matter their differences, on stage they meshed well together.

"If we're having a 'craziest crowd' debate, I'm definitely giving that one to New Orleans," he chimed in. Lucy and Natsu both nodded in agreement, almost ironically forgetting they were standing in front of a crowd at that moment.

Of course, that's when everyone grew rowdier, showing them that they could be just as loud as everyone else that they were naming. Relishing in such, Lucy gently removed her ear piece as she listened to the natural sound of an endless sea of people hollering. She smiled, growing emotional as she gazed at the fans in awe. She adored them so much.

After putting in her ear piece, she nodded as she came to her final conclusion. "Okay, Florida wins. What do you guys think?"

Natsu shrugged as his eyes also graced over the arena in amusement, enjoying the break they were taking before it was all over. Before he didn't have an excuse to see her everyday, to be by her side singing and dancing.

"I think you're right," he said, gazing at her rather than the crowd this time.

He wasn't the only one doing so, of course. Sting admired Lucy from afar as he too voiced that he agreed into his microphone, which practically sent his fan girls into sheer mania. He laughed in reaction, briefly waving at them before setting his sights back onto his girlfriend.

"I'm really going to miss you all," Lucy spoke first, addressing her sentiments towards the audience. In her mind, she figured she likely wouldn't see another one in such close proximity in a while, given her bands current circumstances. She frowned when realizing such, but the moment of self-pity didn't last long when Sting spoke up, jarring her mind.