Pain

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... it never ends. Pain may rest but it never ends. Throughout life pain repeats itself or transfers to others, it thrives off the screams and agony people face. A euphoria is gained when the pain feels the gut-wrenching tears drip, drip eight, drip nine, drip ten, drip eleven... when they try to count down to calm themselves or escape, twelve, thirteen, fourteen... Pain wins no matter what you believe. Everyone faces pain, some reflect it to others just for it to be shot right back at them, some people accept it as karma, some people just suffer, and others let it pass and move on to the next pain. No matter how minor or major, the pain is there, and can rarely be erased from our memories. At times our memories are against us like when we lose someone or something of importance to us... like skin or your best friend that's more like a brother that's more like your whole world. People face pain no matter what they do right or wrong, even at times someone else's wrong affects those closest. Pain will follow and haunt you from out your window, it'll trap you by standing in front of the door, it'll isolate you by turning those you trust against you. Pain can feel like peeling off your skin, or like having to pluck a scab off, ripping a bandaid, or it can feel like ripping out your heart and holding it while it beats.

These people are only one, two, three of the many drops of blood and tears pain creates...

∙∙∙ End ∙∙∙