Prologue I

Y/n's POV

Screams, all I could hear was screams.

I jumped out of bed and ran into the main room. Blood the metallic scent of it invaded my nose. Red stained floor, walls, and my family's body and clothing.
My father stood above them eating what looked like an arm.
A demon

I rushed to his room before he could see me and grabbed his sword. A few tears ran down my face.

'I'm sorry father..'

I ran back out into the main room and this time father did notice me.

He attacked me. As his hand was about to grab me, I sliced it off at the forearm.

He jumped back in pain as I jumped high and sliced his head off. He started turning into ashes with tears in his eyes.

"I-Im.. sorry Y/n... take the sword... take my mask.... Run..."

I dropped to my knees and pulled his head onto my lap. One of my tears fell on his cheek.

"I'll always love you father..."
"I'll be watching over you my child..."
He smiled before he fully disappeared.

I got up and stared at the ground, he was the only one that I really loved in this family.

I picked up the sword and went to his room. I grabbed the sword's sheath and a couple of my fathers things to remind me of him.

My haori, his kitsune mask, a pair of earrings he wore, a few more haoris that belonged to him, some other things, and an old book about all breathing styles.

I gently placed most of the things into a large satchel.

Putting on my haori and his earrings, as well as tying the sheath over my shoulder and under my other arm.

I stared into the mirror while I tied on my mask.

Glancing around the room I checked if I needed anything else. Noticing a letter on the desk I walked over to read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Y/n.
If you're reading this, it means that I've problably either been killed or been turned into a demon and then killed.

I just want to say.. Im so sorry. I didnt know about your mother hurting you while I wasn't there. I only found out today.

Anyways the reason for this letter is that I want you to know that youll always be my little dragon. If I can, I will come back to you as a spirit and watch over you. Just please, protect those who you love and care about. Protect all.

You also have the capability to use a new breathing style. You may be wondering why I called you my little dragon.

It turns out that you're the first person able to use Dragon's Breath.

The container next to this, contains an actual person. It may sound weird, but he is the fable protector of the Dragon Breather. When you open it, he will try and create a bond with you. Please accept it. He is the only one you should truely trust in. He will help guide you. His name is Micheal. I do hope you two can get along.

Please treat him as your brother, he will treat you as a sister.
Stay safe that is what I ask of you.

With love, F/n.❤︎︎

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears rolled down my face under the mask as I placed the letter in the satchel.

I then remembered about the container. I picked it up and placed it in my pocket. Then I ran out of the house and as far as my legs could take me. In the forest I found an empty cave. Placed the container in front of me as I opened it.

After a second of it being open, the black goo started growing out of the container and formed a man in front of me.

He had black fluffy hair and white eyes. His skin was a brown color. He wore dark grey pants and a black shirt. He also wore a white haori with a Yin&Yang symbol;

 He also wore a white haori with a Yin&Yang symbol;

He sat in front of me with his hands in his lap.

"... Are you.. Micheal?" He nodded
"Yes you are Y/n L/n correct?" I nodded back.

He looked around for a moment his eyes landing on the night sky.
"You should be asleep no? It's the middle of the night."

"I can't. It's night time and I'm not in a place safe from demons."
"Hm... sleep. I'll protect you." He gave a kind smile reminding me of my father and what he said in the letter. I nodded
"I trust you."

He then made a piece of black goo form into a block for me to sleep on.
"What about you..?"
"Do not worry about me, I don't have the same needs as a human does... and when we bond, I will feel what you feel..."

I gave a hesitant nod then untied my mask and placed it beside me, then shut my eyes.

Before I gave into sleep, I mumbled,
"Night, Micheal..."
"... Goodnight Y/n."