I 'Final Selection'

Narrator's POV

"Don't worry, we should be there in about an hour."
"Good cuz I'm bored... what'd you say the thing was?"
"Final Selection?" She nodded,
"You try and survive a week of being on a mountain with bunch of demons that other slayers trapped on the mountain. You shouldn't have much of a problem with that." She nodded again.

At the moment Micheal was a crow. (This was forgotten in the prologue but he can basically shape shift sorry)

The crow was his preferred form.

After about an hour of walking in what seemed to be an endless line they arrived at a little stage with a few others in front of it.

They were the last to get there and Y/n and Micheal decided beforehand that it would be unfair if he went along with her. So he would stay with the people who were on the stage.

He was perched on Y/n's shoulder, both of them listening to the little speech. Little did Y/n know that people were staring at her and the crow. If she did know, she would have started to mentally freak out.

Micheal however, was basking in the attention. It was clear he didn't really get much recognition or people just didn't pay attention to him. He was feeling quite proud at the moment.

"——for a week. Good luck."

And with that everyone walked past the wisteria. Micheal flew off of Y/n's shoulder, and on the ground.

—————

Y/n plowed through the green forest. It reminded her of training, she and Micheal would spend time and train in the forest.

She came across the first demon for this week. She saw the red aura behind the demon, she sped up behind and sliced the head off without a breathing technique in one swing.

"This'll be fun."

—————

A few hours later the sky started darkening.
"Hm... I should probably start setting up a place to stay safer now that the demons will show up more..." Y/n mumbled before going to find an open field.

Once she found a field, she sat in the center of the open space with her legs crossed.

She shut her eyes and looked through the colored world. She then watched all of the other auras around her. She stayed like that the entire night, only getting up to fight if she saw a demon Aura approach her.

—————

As the sun rose, she noticed that the red auras scurried deeper into the forest.

Getting up from her position, she stretched and walked towards the forest again. With a yawn she climbed a tree and decided to take a short nap.

This went on for the rest of the week. Now they were on their last day here.

—————

She thought she would have a short nap; about an hour at most. Turns out her internal clock didn't wake her up early.

She opened her eyes and tilted her head back to see the sky that was now filled with stars. She mentally face palmed- scratch that, she did face palm.
She heard heavy- and I mean heavy, footsteps behind her.

She spun around and saw the red aura- only it was at least 20 times larger that it normally is.

Jumping on the branches of the trees, she made her way to the aura. She was surprised that she didn't see it before.

When she got close enough that she was basically just hiding behind a tree, she saw the large green swampy hand demon. Beside the demon, laid a burgundy haired boy face down, most likely unconscious.