Cracked Knuckles

Lately it's been a lot colder in the OBX, usually you don't have to worry about your hands and them getting dry but since it been so chilly these past couple days you're hands have gotten so rough and dry. Blowing into your palms to create warmth, you rush up the front steps of the Cameron household. Knocking on the door, you feel a sting on your knuckles. Looking down your eyes widen at the sight. Your knuckles have gotten so dry that they cracked open and started to bleed. Before you can think too much about this, the door opens to reveal a bundled up Wheezy. "Rafes in his room." Wheezy exclaims answering your unasked question. You step inside and are immediately filled with warm air. You hurry up the stairs, completely forgetting about your blood stained hands, your mind fixated on being in your boyfriends arms. You make it up the stairs and turn the corner and reaching Rafes bedroom. You walk into Rafes room and immediately feel at ease. Expecting you Rafe gives you a welcome peck on the lips before his gaze lands on your hands. Suddenly you're pulled out of your thoughts and you realize how bad your hands actually sting. Rafes expression turns cold and he has a worried look in his eyes. Looking back up my to you he asks "What happened? Who did this to you?!" His tone turning into anger. "Rafe, don't worry. My hands crack and get super dry when it's cold outside. I promise i'm fine." You reassure him, not breaking eye contact. He sighs in relief and pulls you lightly by the wrist towards the bathroom. "Let's clean you up" he says in a soft voice and you pull yourself up and onto the counter. He rings out a rag and grabs your hands gently. Next he wipes off all the dried blood, then rings out the rag again, lightly cleaning the cracks with the newly rinsed rag. Lastly he demands you put lotion on, so you pump a generous amount from the bottle behind you and let it soak into your skin. The scent of coconut fills the air, the corner of your lips turning up at the smell, as coconut is your favorite fragrance. Once the lotion has soaked in, Rafe opens up 2 small bandaids and bandages the now cleaned up cuts. Looking up at him, you look into his eyes wondering how this could be the same man who murdered the sheriff. He helps you down off the counter top and smiles whilst grabbing ahold of your hands and kissing the back of each of them then holding them up to his chest. He draws you in for a kiss and you're reminded once again of your love for him. "All better?" He asks, his sweet smile still plastered on his face. You nod and wrap your arms around his neck, pulling him in for another kiss.

Authors Note:
I thought of this idea yesterday after softball practice because outside it was freezing and my hands actually started bleeding! Also i just think this is such a cute concept!!!!!!! Anyways thank you for reading and i love yaaaaa! 💗