"You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees."

Before the story...

Add me on Wattpad, Inkitt, and Youtube! for more content and books!

Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/aika_ama

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/aika_ama

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaXWqvbp3HD1nvvNN1Yhz3Q

Support me!

http://cash.app/$a3ryalhard1n

I hope you enjoy!

---

The conversation continued in hushed whispers throughout the lesson, and Addy opened up to Andrew about her life growing up in a bustling city. She shared with him her other passions, like sailing and exploring fresh places, while he told her of his own life growing up in a small town.

Andrew described to her his childhood home: the smell of pine trees after a rainstorm; soft green grass that tickled his bare feet as he walked along the shore; the sound of gulls circling overhead as they searched for their next meal. The stories were mesmerizing and fascinatingly detailed. It was as if she were living them right alongside him. During class, when the teacher wasn't looking, they passed notes back and forth between them – little musings about their lives, hopes and dreams. Little did they know it then, but these conversations and notes would be the beginning of something special; a friendship that would last forever.

*

The school day passed quickly, disappointing both of the two new friends. When they approached the school gate, Addy went to wave him goodbye.

"I'll talk to you tomor--..." she thought of something and suddenly had thin lips, the kind that pursed to form a rosebud of a smile, and long, white teeth - like the incisors of a squirrel before it scurries up a tree. "... hey, want to explore the city?"

Andrew's face lit up and lit with joy, "That sounds like a great idea!"

The two of them strolled through the city and shared stories about their lives. They stopped for lunch at a small cafe, where Addy introduced Andrew to Pad Thai, her favorite dish. By the time they reached Addy's house in the late afternoon, they were both tired but happy. As they stood in front of her door she asked him if he wanted to come inside and have dinner with her family.

"I'd love to!" he said eagerly.

*

The cozy living room was a sight to behold. Pictures from their many adventures hung on the walls, capturing the beauty of the places they had explored. Candles danced around the room, their warm light illuminating colorful fabrics draped across chairs and sofas. The scent of sweet honey and spice combined with jazz music playing softly in the background completed the scene of comfort and joy.

Addy's giggle cut through like a knife. She kicked off her shoes at the door and looked askance at Andrew as he did the same. "Shoes!" she said, giggling again.

It took him a moment to realize that she was making a joke. He laughed until he saw the look on her face, wondering if he had missed something obvious. Soon, Addy was giving a tour of her two-story house, not including her parent's room because that's restricted to her. When she was done, explaining the use of every piece of furniture, and showed him to -- but did not enter -- her parents' rooms, which held only piles of clothes and opened crates still smelling of Chinese woodworkers' tea (breathing it in caused unbearable sneezing fits), they went into the kitchen for dinner. Once she was done with that, which took half an hour from ordering at McDonalds to getting delivery food to sitting down around a too-small table for one, she explained, "My mom will be home soon with McDonalds, are you okay with chicken nuggets?"