Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Korra fixed her niece's hair putting it up in a ponytail. It would be her first day of kindergarten today, and both of them were excited for it.

"Okay," Korra said checking the two of them out in the mirror, "hair done. Now let's pick out some clothes," she smiled.

"I can do it by myself," Terra proclaimed hurrying over to her small closet with Korra following in a slow pursuit. She studied her clothes hard like she was considering every outfit, which seemed like a lot of brain work for a five year old. After a lot of hard thinking, Terra's face lit up. "I got it," she said full of energy as she reached into her closet pulling out a dark blue shirt, and her white overalls.

"Great," Korra smiled, "Let's get you out of your pjs," she said pinching the cloth of her nieces shoulder.

/

They had just finished their breakfast of waffles and bacon while Korra led Terra through her check list for her first day of Kindergarten. She lifted Terra's miniature Water Tribe backpack off the counter. "First, coloring book," Korra listed.

"Check," Terra said looking through her bag.

"Coloring box."

"Check."

"Notebook."

"Check."

"and your snacks."

"Got it," she smiled up at Korra. "Let's go," she proclaimed pointing to the door.

"Not just yet. We can't forget Naga," Korra said reaching for the leash on the counter. She walked over into the living room where she found Naga already excited to be taken out.

"Come on, mom," Terra tried dragging her out of the house.

"Someone's excited," Korra ruffled and patted her back.

As they walked along the sidewalks of Republic City and Terra droned on and on about how Kindergarten would be, Korra couldn't help, but see her cousin in her. She knew that if Eska could've raised Terra she wouldn't be as talkative, but the resemblance between the two was obvious, tha same thin eyes, and set demeanor was already there even though she still had a lot of baby fat.

Moments like this of easy observing always made her miss both of her cousins even though they didn't talk much, family was family.

"Mom," Terra tugged her hand.

"Yeah sweetie."

"What will you get me for working so hard after school," she said slowly making sure her sentence would make sense. Korra gave a small chuckle.

"You'll find out," she said back, "Only if you don't cause trouble."

"When do I cause trouble," she sassed jokingly causeing Korra to laugh.

"Just be good, okay," they were getting closer to her school.

"I'll be the best," she said cockyly reminding Korra of herself.

Korra left Naga at the front desk because animals weren't neccasarrily allowed in the school, and she couldn't just leave her outside.

She led a jumpy Terra to her class room feeling a bit jumpy herself. She found the room, and it had a couple of children and parents already inside. She poked her head in looking for the teacher, and upon finding her she pulled Terra in and smiled.

"Hi," she greeted the older looking women extending her hand. "I'm Korra, and this is-"

"Terra," Terra exclaimed with a wide grin.