Deep In The Woods

Author's POV

Now let's go into the past some, to right before Baron notices Garrett is gone.

Garrett's POV

As soon as Ramsey and Baron looked away, I ran. I didn't know where to go so I just kept running deep into the woods.

Nobody's POV

Garrett continues to run further into the woods not knowing where he is going but he doesn't care. He knows Harlan and Luna will find him.

Author's POV

Now back with The Pack.

Nobody's POV

Harlan and Luna are still pissed at Ramsey. They've been glaring at the 2 blondes in front of them for the last 30 minutes when Everett finally speaks fed up with the family of 4 in front of him. "Will you stop fucking glaring already? Fucking hell! Let's just go search the fucking woods for Garrett or something." The 4 of them turn to Everett to see his eyes glowing a deep yellow clearly frustrated with them. They look at Blake and she looks irritated her eyes keep flashing yellow. "Let's just fucking go. We will all go to the Briggs' house to see if he is at the house, if he's not we will go into the woods and search for him." Blake says walking away with her keys in her hands. Everett follows her still slightly limping. Luna looks at her brothers and mom rolls her eyes and follows Everett catching up so she can help him walk. "Blake a little help. " Blake stops turns around and sees Luna helping Everett. "Shit, I forgot." She runs over and helps Luna with Everett. Harlan says nothing doesn't even look at the other 2 and walks after the others. Sighing Baron reluctantly gets in his mom's car following after Blake's car to the Briggs family home. Or "mom" as Baron likes to say.

After arriving at the house they all searched the house looking for Garrett. While Everett was searching Luna's room he started to feel dizzy and feeling like he was going to faint. Baron saw and immediately went straight to him catching him before he could fall.

"Help!" Baron shouts and everyone goes on full alert rushing up the stairs. The first one to reach them is Luna and she speaks almost instantly. "What happened?" Baron looks distraught as he tries to hold up a passed-out Everett. "I don't know. I was walking by and saw him sway uneasily on his feet and I rushed in here to catch him." The others are standing behind Luna when Baron finishes speaking. Luna doesn't say anything and just walks further into the room with Blake beside her to help Baron lay Everett down. Harlan looks from Everett to the closed door at the end of the hall and back. "Luna? Has that door always been there?" Luna looks back at Harlan and asks "What door?" Ramsey looks to where Harlan was looking a second ago and doesn't see a door. She turns to Harlan and asks the same thing "Yeah, what door?"
Harlan looks at both of them like they have 2 heads. The 3 of them just stare at each other.

Baron and Blake had been tending to Everett so they barely noticed what the others were saying until it got quiet. Blake looks at Baron and nods her head toward the other 3. Baron takes that head nod as a "see what's going on" and that's exactly what he does. He turns to them confused about why they look dumb but asks "What is going on?" They turn to him and stare for a while till Harlan speaks. "There's a door at the end of the hall and they say they don't see anything," Harlan says pointing at the 2 blonde women in the room. "There is no room Harlan!" Ramsey raises her voice and looks at Luna to see her nodding acknowledging that she is correct. Harlan starts arguing with them about the room being there. Baron gets fed up and walks out of the room toward the end of the hall and sees no door. He walks back and says "There is no door." Silencing the argument. Harlan looks confused, "B-but I saw it." "Sorry to break it to you little brother but there is no door." Baron smiles sadly at Harlan then goes back to Blake to help her with Everett. Harlan glances at everyone and then walks out of the room. He still sees the door... He doesn't understand why he sees it and they don't. He stands there for a while just staring at the big brown door... That wasn't there the last time he was upstairs.

He stands there for what felt like an hour but was more like 5 minutes and walks back into the room.
"Is he waking up?" Harlan asks glancing at Blake. "No" Luna puts her hand on his forehead and pulls it away fast. "Ah! His forehead feels like fire." Baron looks alarmed and puts his hand on his forehead feeling burned he yanks it away and then roughly tries to wake him up. "Everett! Wake up now!" The pack looks at him alarmed and they all shout, "What?!" Baron ignores them and keeps trying to wake home up. "Everett, listen to me. If you get sucked into these memories you may never wake up... Please open your eyes." Baron says worried.

In Everett's Head
He's running through the woods on all fours fire everywhere he turns. He's running deeper and deeper, afraid, he doesn't know where his family is. He's been running for hours the flames getting higher. He finds a hollow tree surrounded by water and doggy paddles to it, he's so small that he fits perfectly. He looks around for any sign of his family and sees nothing but he jerks his head up when he hears a muffled voice. "Everett! Wake up now!" and then "Everett, listen to me. If you get sucked into these memories you may never wake up... Please open your eyes." He's confused he can't figure out where the voice is coming from. He shakes his head and thinks about what the voice said. "Everett? Who's Everett?" The young pup is confused as to why the strange voice would call him that. He starts to think hard about the name when his head starts to fill with remembrances of the name. He thinks "Wait... I'm Everett and that was Baron speaking to me." He looks around and wonders why he's surrounded by fire and a wolf pup. He thinks back on what he heard Baron say. "What the hell does he mean I'll never wake up! If I get sucked into these memories! Wait... Memories? That means I'm asleep and I can wake up." With that information, Everett starts using his- well Baron's tiny paws to slap himself in the head.

Back in the real world
Everett wakes with a jolt looking around at everyone staring at him. 

Finally, it's done! Took me forever but here is the next chapter.