06 - Something I'll Regret

My head hurts. My back arches and I gag opening my eyes. Why do I feel so sick? And where the hell am I? I try to pull my wrists up and feel them tied down. Oh shit. I tug at them then see them bound to my sides. Where am I? "Arath."

Are you kidding me? I look at Ultron "Daughter of Tyr. You were thrown out of Asgard by Odin when you were, 6?"

"4." I correct "And thrown is a violent term, I prefer tackled by gravity."

"You aren't called Arath anymore, correct? You're Cartia Trix. You weren't always her either. You have many different names."

"Do you have a point to what you're saying, or are you just babbling?"

He tilts his head "You don't look like the homicidal type," He says touching my nose with his stupid robot hand.

"Let me out of these and I'll show you homicidal," I smile. He takes his hand back and then looked his minions "What do you want from me?"

He reaches for something behind me "We have what we need," He takes Loki's scepter "She doesn't know it yet." I writhe in the bounds as he brings it down to my chest.

-

I feel so sick again. I jerk back and then throw up into the bucket. Then again. Why do I feel so sick all of a sudden? I feel someone hold my hair out of my face and throw up one more time. The person behind me hands me a cloth "Thank you." I wipe my mouth and fall back onto the bed.

Wanda? She sits next to me "How do you feel?"

"Like shit," I whisper.

"What do you remember?"

"Blue. Then that bucket," I point at it "Where am I?"

She glances behind me, I look back and see Pietro "Nowhere important," I stand up and feel my head spin again. Then I see this robot. What the hell is going on? I follow the twins out of the room and down a hall. I know this place.

A robot was looking down in a cradle as we came into the room "It's beautiful. The Vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought..."

"The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee," I peer down at the body in the cradle "Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within," He breaks open the scepter's blue gem and a yellow gem that was inside floats out and lands in his hand. He places it in the head of the body.

Wow.

The robot looks at me "How do you feel?" I look up and shrug.

"I'm fine," I say quietly. I do, except for this headache and need to constantly throw up. I watch the body being built. The woman working on him smiles blankly at me.

I run my fingers down the glass "Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream. We're uploading your cerebral matrix...now."

Wanda slowly approaches the cradle "I can read him. He is dreaming."

"I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise. Soon..."

"How soon? I'm not being pushy." I roll my eyes. A little pushy.

"She's imprinting a physical brain," I snap. He looks over at me and I shrug "There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is..." Wanda suddenly screams. I look at her as she stands back. Pietro stands beside her.

Wanda takes a deep breath "How could you?"

He was on his feet as he peered at her "How could I what?"

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world."

"It will be better."

"When everyone is dead." Wanda snapped back at him.

I roll my eyes. Humans are so disappointing, everyone knows that "That is not...! The human race will have every opportunity to improve."

"And if they don't?"

"Ask Noah."

Who is Noah? "You're a madman."

He paused "There were more than a dozen extinction level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve."

"There's no room for the weak," I whisper facing Pietro.

"And who decides who's weak?" Pietro snapped at me.

"Life." He chuckles, he peers down into the cradle. I turn to Pietro who wanted to murder me "Life always decides." I roll my eyes "There's incoming. The Quinjet. We have to move."

"That's not a problem." The woman pulls the plug out.

"Trix," I raise my hand watch her get thrown against the wall by my fire. The twins run "Ah, wait, guys!" He blasts Cho's technicians "They'll understand. When they see they'll understand. I just need a little more time."

I look down at the woman and crouch down, ready to finish it before he put his hand on my shoulder "She'll be dead before we leave the building." I stand up, then climb onto the cradle as they take it out. I don't get what's so wrong with this. They push us into a truck. I stay on the cradle and watch the body.

"Do you have a name?" I ask peering up.

He ignores my question "When they come, don't let anyone near it."

"Fine." I snap back "But after that, I'm going home."

For a robot, it somehow managed to roll his eyes at me. He looked up as the roof almost caved in "No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" The door is thrown open. I watch him, then the person hanging on for dear life "Get rid of him."

I get to the roof. The guy didn't fight me "Cartia," I kick him back and then swipe my hand across his face "I don't want to fight you," He says moving back "Cartia stop!"

He falls onto the truck and finally hit me back. 

He pounces onto me and pulls me into a headlock, I stamp on his foot, then hit my head against his. He throws me to the roof. Who is she? I watch her weave through the traffic before throwing my fire at her again.

She was about to fall, I try again before he picks me, throws me over his shoulder and back onto my back, I shoot him backward kicking him off of the truck.

I throw fire at the cars but feel the man push me down "Really?" I shout and push him away. A jet pulls up and goes to shoot but was chased by Ultron and the others, the guy grabs me by my throat throwing me away and into a train. He follows he throws the shield which I tossed back when I caught it.

He falls onto his back when I throw him, I walk over with a smirk pulling out my knife. The man was talking to someone as I stood over him. I hold him up against the train by his neck and smirk at him "Don't do this. Don't do it Cartia. You'll regret it."

"Trust me, I will not regret this," I say through my teeth, ready to finish it but I was pulled off of him.