- Chapter 3-

☆☆☆☆☆☆

       Myeong–Dong,  is one of the most
crowded places in Seoul or possibly in the whole world. It is a spectacular destination for more than one million shopaholics from all around the world. It is located in the heart of Seoul with its famous market; shops and restaurants.

      Its huge market extends from Myeong –Dong station to the metro station (Seoul metro number four to Louti shops in Jero). There you can find shops of high-quality brands including shoes, clothes, and accessories.

     Man’s sight will get stumbled wandering in this beehive crowded with clothes shops and so many cosmetics shops which are found in every corner of the market. There you can also find endless numbers of salons specializing in skin care next to Jan Jang Jeel and Myeong Dong Theatre. In addition to food booths with spectacular talents in preparing and serving all the Korean dishes all along the street. There are some other restaurants specializing in Japanese, Chinese as well as western cuisines.

   This is not everything; there one can find hair salons, theatres, and banks.

     In Myeong-Dong the breeze carries the smell of food mixed with perfumes scent and some words from different languages. You can hear the tourists bargaining to reduce the cost of goods in the market. Despite this, some other markets such as H and M offer quality products at much less expensive prices. Next to the market, visitors can visit the cathedral of Meyoung–Dong, one of the most important touristic destinations. It is the first and the biggest cathedral in South Korea, built in a Gothic style. Just behind it, there is a yard where the tourists can have a rest after a long day of shopping.

    I threw myself in the middle of the heart of the market after my parents had left to work and I had gained some power to face Seoul and my nightmares. I could convince myself that I was strong enough to face all of that. I convinced my mind that the river was not going to swallow me. I needed to buy some new pencils, sharpeners, rubbers, and notebooks. I went forward chasing the scents of those who were passing me by. They were carrying bags with different designs on their backs. I was having a look at some clothes shops here and there.  A pair of socks hanging next to one of the sides of a shop stole my attention. I loved those faces printed on it: sad, smiling, crying, angry, happy, upset, shocked, and confused faces.  My fingers stretched to erase a tear falling from the eyes of a tortured face while smiling at it and this made the owner of the shop say” Take it for any price you want.”

     I bought the socks and I was thankful to the shop owner for his warmth and kindness. I kept looking for other shops to buy my treasures.
As I was walking forward I saw a huge shop with some advertising posters on its walls in both Korean and English languages. I looked at those posters for a while then I got in. I opened my mouth out of surprise what I saw was nothing but Aden Park. I thought to myself:” Aden is real!!”

    I walked in slowly spreading my sight at the shelves which were full of all the different forms of pens, pencils, and colors, in addition to breathtaking notebooks.

    In smooth steps, I walked through those shelves touching with my fingers the treasures set on them. It took me half an hour to finish scanning only one shelf.  I was almost dying of happiness. I was breathing joy at that divine shop…

    I carried on walking around and as soon as I had finished checking all the drawing stuff and the notebooks, I froze as a rocky statue seeing all those series of international Japanese manga including Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball with all its seasons and so many other mangas. When I reached the section of the Shojo manga my sight fell on the titles of some catchy mangas with gorgeous faces and sweet smiles drawn on the covers. They stole my heart and made me stand there for a while.