☆ 2 ☆

(unedited)

Anastasia couldn't sleep

Anastasia couldn't sleep. Couldn't eat. Couldn't drink.

She was taken to the station a few hours ago, sobbing while answering questions she didn't even know the answer to. Now she was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for her girlfriend to finish surgery, while texting mindy, giving updates and receiving comfort from her best friend.

Anastasia wished she could cry but she had no more tears. She had bags under her eyes, knee to her face, headphones on her ears, in gray sweatpants, and a cropped cream sweater knowing she would be there for a while.

Suddenly Anastasia felt a tap on her shoulder. Her eyes widened, promptly taking off her wireless headphones playing Lana del reys 'ultraviolence' album. 'Are you with Miss. Carpenter?' a woman with shoulder-length-blonde hair, wearing light blue scrubs, stood behind her. 'Uhm yea. I- is she okay?' Anastasia stood up, concerned for her girlfriend. 'She's stable.' the nurse started. 'However, she is still unconscious and has some severe injuries.' Anastasia let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding, glad her girlfriend was okay. 'Can I see her?' the brunette asked. 'Of course, follow me,' the nurse smiled as Anastasia picked up her phone and tote bag, following the nurse to the elevator.

Once Anastasia got to room B408 she took a deep breath, and opened the door. Anastasia choked back a sob. She couldn't stand seeing her girlfriend like this, she was mad, sad, frustrated, everything. She said thank you to the nurse as the blonde left, closing the door.

Anastasia slowly started to walk over to the sofa placing her belongings on one half and sitting on the other, closer to the short brunette.

Anastasia took Taras hand in hers, looking at her closed eyed face. She didn't know whether to talk to her or to stay quiet.

'Hey tara, i- i don't know if you can hear me, hell i don't even know why im talking it's not like you're even in a coma.' Anastasia let out a teary laugh. 'I promise you whether it's from the cops or me, whoever hurt you will be brought to justice.'

Anastasia got madder with every thought on the attack. Anastasia had listened to enough stories from her dad and true crime podcasts on youtube to know this wasn't a random attack. Whoever did this planned it. Someone WANTED to hurt tara, someone Anastasia loved. To make matters worse it was someone in a fucking ghostface mask. It brought Anastasia back to when Jill Roberts was around fighting Anastasia's godmother, and dad along with almost killing her mom then stabbing little 6 year old Anastasia. It was what started her parents divorce. Now not only did Anastasia have her mind set on one but two different faults.

It had been a few hours since Tara finished her surgery. Anastasia was still texting Mindy any little update that happened. -Tara's out of surgery, Taras still stable, sofas uncomfortable moved to the hospital bed next to her for 10k. These should really be more comfortable, I called sam... I thought she should at least know-