five

forgiveness starts with butterbeer

his perspective:

It had been a few days since I'd send that letter to Evangeline about a visit to Hogsmeade, though with what I did to her yesterday in the Great Hall made me think that she wasn't going to bother with responding to that letter or the letter I had sent her last night.

I was never the one to work with flowers as a form of an apology, so it was quite the process just to get this all set up properly. To my surprise, Ominis was very knowledgeable on flowers, and told me which ones to pick to use for Evangeline's gift.

the night before:

I stood at my potting station, eyeing the newly picked flowers that I had, with help from Professor Garlick; a bundle of roses, sorted in all different shades of yellow, laid gorgeously on the surface of my potting table, their petals shimmering under the candlelight, almost as if there was a layer of glitter on them. Knowing she's a Hufflepuff, I felt it appropriate to get her flowers in her house colors that complimented her so well.

Ominis stood next to me, seemingly smiling down at the flowers before he flicked the back of my hand with his fingers.

"Ow!" I glare at him as I rubbed the spot he hit. "What was that for?!"

"That was for being a complete imbecile. This," He pinched my ear, causing me to swat his hand away from me. "This is for being a complete arse towards me and Evangeline."

"Ugh, you make it sound like the two of you are... together."

Ominis chuckles as he looked back at me, with that off-looking glance of his.

"Oh, please. I'd never go for her. No offense to Evangeline. I'm sure she's a darling." He comments, causing my face to burn with jealousy.

My silence was enough of an answer for Ominis as he hit my bicep with his wand.

"Could you please stop hitting me?"
"Not until you realize that there's no need for jealousy, Sebastian."

"Surely what I''m feeling isn't jealousy. It can't be. She's not even.. we're not even together, so why am I feeling like this?" I reply back.

"You must be under a love potion because I've never seen you act or be like this over a girl, Sebastian." Ominis says, causing me to go silent.

"Let's just move on from this and work on the flowers." Ominis adds, making his was towards my pitting station. I stood closely behind him, watching at what he was doing with the flowers.

He takes hold of one, casts a silent spell onto it, and I watched all of the thorns off the stem of the flower fall onto the table.

"You have to take the thorns off. Wouldn't want you to be the reason why she has to bandage up her fingers now, do we?" I shook my head as a response, continuing to watch what he was going to do the flowers next.

He conjures up a piece of black silk ribbon, and takes the now thornless flowers in his hands, and wraps them with the ribbon, tying it into a perfect bow as he placed them into a small glass vase.