Part Seven

The day we've all been waiting for is finally here. As Will requested, I'm currently heading to Ella's house, my dress, shoes, accessories and makeup all in tow. I haven't spoken to Tyler since that day at his house, but it's not like he's tried to apologize or come up with an explanation. 

            My mom had called earlier, apologizing about how she wasn't there for the most important night of my high school life. I told her that she has nothing to do with this oh-so-special night except take pictures and that I'd take some then send them to her and that all that mattered was them being here for graduation. 

            She started going on about how she was such a bad parent and that she should've stayed, but I told her it would've been mean to let dad go by himself, and that at least I have grandma here. After assuring her that I was perfectly fine with her decision for the millionth time, she finally gave me the phone to talk to dad. My conversation with him didn't last so long, there's only so much you can say to your father about your prom night. I think he was happy I didn't have a date though. 

            By some miracle, I've managed to not tell Ella that Will is going to be knocking at her door at eight tonight even though I feel guilty for not putting her out of her bad mood. 

            Oh well, it'll all be worth it in the end. She ushers me into her room once I'm there and gets started on my hair immediately. We chat about everything and anything but don't talk about the fact that neither of us have a date tonight. 

            I don't know why though. I know I'm not repulsive and everyone knows I'm single, but I don't get why not one guy has asked me to go with him. It's not like I'm saying that I expect someone to, but I just thought that maybe someone would. 

            Practically all the girls at school will be going with someone and it'll suck to be left out when everyone is dancing to a slow song. Even though I know my secret admirer will be there, it doesn't change the fact that I would've liked it if someone had asked. 

            “You know what? Who cares if Will isn't going to be able to make it, we'll be the hottest single girls there,” Ella suddenly says. 

            “He's a jerk anyway. I don't even know why I'm still with him. You know, you'd think that maybe he'd make some effort to show up because this is so important to me, but no, he's too ‘busy’.”

            “I'm sure he'll make it up to you,” I tell her. 

            “Oh, he'll have fun doing that,” she mutters darkly. 

            When she's done curling my hair, I do hers then we both get started on our makeup. Its seven forty-five when we're done getting ready and the limo we booked for ourselves arrives in fifteen minutes. But that's a good thing, gives us time to take pictures. I'm pretty sure my mother called Ella's mom and asked her to take plenty. 

            We go down the stairs, slower than I'm used to because of the dangerously high heels I'm wearing. I know I'm probably going to regret this at the end of the night, but come on, how many senior proms do you get?

            “It's picture time!” Her mom says excitedly. “Harry, get the camera!” She says to Ella's dad who's most likely watching TV. 

            “I'm coming!” He yells as he rushes to where we're standing. Ella's parents are a little weird but they're the nicest people I know. 

            “You girls look beautiful,” she says and wipes her eyes. “Look at my baby, all grown up and going to prom.”

            I don't need to look at Ella to know she rolling her eyes. Her father puts an arm around his wife, trying to comfort her. “There, there, Anna. They have to grow up some time.”