𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.

( 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 ! )
INTRODUCTION.

❛  if i had a flower for every time i thought of you, i could walk in my garden forever

time i thought of you, i could
walk in my garden forever.
——— alfred lord tennyson
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

( SYNOPSIS ! )

❛ her angel eyes saw the good in many devils

her angel eyes saw the
good in many devils.
———  anonymous
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

she looked like an ethereal
angel with that divine smile
on her archangelic face.

Oftentimes, Giselle had been told by others that she was lucky. Lucky to have been taken in by the sweet, small family that adopted her. Lucky to be alive, considering her mother had died giving birth to her, and her father had died of illness only a few short months later. Lucky to live the life that she had, as a person of color, as a daughter of Chinese immigrants.

Giselle Ninghua Crawley was lucky.

But she didn't believe the other reasons people gave, usually remarks made due to the way she looks. No, she was lucky because she had a smart, sweet, hardworking older brother Matthew who always made time for her. She had a wonderful mother Isobel, a nurse and champion of the downtrodden and open to the changes of society, encouraging it even. She had a father, Reginald, who died too early for any of their liking, but had raised both her and Matthew right. He had been a kind, loving man, who had worked hard to raise them right. A compassionate, gentle man who cared more for their happiness than affluence or image.

Giselle was lucky, not because of the small wealth of her family, but because of the family itself. She was more than just an adopted child taken in out of goodwill. She was a member of this family, the daughter of heart, even if not by blood.